Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concealed carry
Looking into getting a pistol for concealed carry. I don't know much about pistols but I definitely don't want anything flashy or big. I think I'd like a .45 but that may be to big for what I'm looking for. Just glancing I like the Springfield xds. Anybody have any comments on that gun or other good suggestions? Thanks
Thanks given by:
I have a Glock 32 in 357Sig that is awesome to carry. Had it on when we were turkey hunting. Light and comfortable.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Glock 26 and a 43.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
How big are you? If you're a larger frame it'll be easier to conceal larger pistols. I'm a big dude so for the longest time I was just carrying around my full size 1911. I have since gotten a USP 45 compact that I really like for when it's cool enough to wear something more than a t-shirt and shorts. For the summer I carry a Sig P938, a tiny bit small for my hands but it's a 9mm so the snap doesn't bother me.

My dad is only 5'11", but he has a fairly large frame, he used to carry the Glock 27 but complained about it being so wide (double stack) so I got him the Ruger LCR in a .38 +P and he loves it.

You really won't know what's good for you until you get your hands on a lot of different ones. If you don't know much about pistols then I am assuming you don't shoot pistols very often, in which case I'd recommend getting a double action/striker fired without a thumb safety. Almost every major manufacturer makes multiple pistols that could qualify as a good conceal pistol depending on the person. Get your hands on as many as you can to see what's comfortable and what isn't. A pistol that isn't comfortable in your hands in a store is going to be less comfortable in your hands when you're shooting.
Thanks given by:
I carry a SCCY 9mm. I have fairly big hands but it is still comfortable to shoot yet small enough to carry. I was told several guys split from glock to start this company. The price is also attractive I bought the pistol and a holster for $325 new.
Thanks given by:
I carry the Glock 19 and Ruger LC9s. Both excellent pistols

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Glock 22 in .40 cal. hard to hide the bulge under my shirt though. i just try to distract them with my good looks and big muscles and hope they don't notice the bulge.
Thanks given by:
(10-18-2016, 03:57 PM)Carcass Wrote: Glock 22 in .40 cal. hard to hide the bulge under my shirt though. i just try to distract them with my good looks and big muscles and hope they don't notice the bulge.
Hahaha. The buldge

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Cc permit guns will be the first to be taken when that day comes , it's why I have no interest in wanting it . Y'all that carry have you ever had to use it ? I watch the news most nights and hear a lot about about people getting shot but can't say that I have ever heard of someone using a cc permit gun for the good of anything . Maybe that stuff  isn't news gravy . Thank the good lord I live in a place where I don't feel the need and I wish y'all could share my world with me. Anyway the shorter the nose the less feet between the tip and the target .

Huh LD  Undecided
Thanks given by:
Lewdog the BS main stream Obama loving media doesn't report that stuff. Bad for business. Happens pretty often. I would say every week or two at the most I see an article about a CCer doing good
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by: