Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY - Leather work
Hey Gravy, thanks! You sure do make some nice looking pieces. I do a similar treatment to weatherproof the leather. I used a polymerized linseed oil mixed with pine resin, sold by Tried and True as "varnish oil", and I mixed it with melted beeswax, then applied that to the leather, hot out of the oven. I haven't made a sheath yet, but will soon I'm sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Bay, I would be willing to give it a shot for just cost of materials. If you live nearby (richmond area) and are willing to leave your pistol with me for a couple of days, that is. I know it's a leap of faith. Understand if you would want to pass. What kind of holster are you looking for?

Thanks given by:
Hay Rock; I'll take You up on the offer ...... and THANKS!!!! - I'll need to get a leather holster from my river house, for you to take measurements - it fits my .25 pistol, but the leather strap that secures it in the holster is not long enough for my .22 - the .22 fits fine, but the strap is too short.
          [Image: birds_zpsdhrljk8e.gif]              [Image: birds_zpsdhrljk8e.gif]                        
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2017, 12:41 PM)BAY BEAGLE Wrote: Hay Rock; I'll take You up on the offer ...... and THANKS!!!! - I'll need to get a leather holster from my river house, for you to take measurements - it fits my .25 pistol, but the leather strap that secures it in the holster is not long enough for my .22 - the .22 fits fine, but the strap is too short.
Sure thing, whatever info you can give, will help. If you want it custom molded, rather than a very close match, then we can sort that out too

Thanks given by:
Bay, if you want to pm me your email or phone number or something, we can work out the details this week.

Thanks given by:
Any new work Rock??
Thanks given by:
Hey, Endless, nah, work and stuff got in the way, plus I gotta buy some more leather. Gonna make that holster for bay beagle, hopefully next week. Should have pics by the weekend

Thanks given by: BAY BEAGLE