Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remington 870 hanging up
Okay guys, i have an 870 with an issue. Everytime i shoot cheap target loads (aka dove loads) the shells hang up in my gun and make it almost almost impossible to rack the gun after a shot. Being the cheapskate that i am i really dont wanna pay the extra money for brass cased loads. Anybody know a way to solve this issue without spending a ton of money?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
i have heard of this happening a lot with 870s. Hi-Brass is a tried and true fix from what I have seen
[Image: gallardo.jpg]You do CrossFit? I do CrossFat. While you're doing Burpees, I am drinking Slurpees.
Thanks given by:
How old is the 870? There was / probably still is with the newer extractor they started putting in them. It is cheap. Call and tell them that the extractor is junk and you want them to send you the better one.

http://www.rem870.com/2012/10/16/remingt...extractor/
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Gun was bought just over a year ago. Extractor works fine its like aluminum cased shells flare out a bit after firing and the spent shell gets hung up in the chamber and makes it hard to rack the gun. I guess thats what i get for buying a cheap gun. It was just hard to pass up at 289 with a 50 dollar rebate lol. Ive put probably 500 rounds through it and this is the only issue ive had.

Thanks given by:
Not uncommon in the 870s... the extractor probably has some slight wear and is not holding the shell in the mag. Can pick up& replace for $10-$15.....  good luck!
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2017, 09:51 AM)WildBill Wrote: Gun was bought just over a year ago.  Extractor works fine its like aluminum cased shells flare out a bit after firing and the spent shell gets hung up in the chamber and makes it hard to rack the gun. I guess thats what i get for buying a cheap gun. It was just hard to pass up at 289 with a 50 dollar rebate lol. Ive put probably 500 rounds through it and this is the only issue ive had.

Did you read the article I posted the link too?  They are saying the extractors are the issue.  I knew about that before, but went to look for an article for you to read about it.  If you got it a year ago it came with the cheap extractor.  Get the better one.  Heck call them before buying it and tell them you are having issues and you want the other one.  They might just send it to you for free.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Ill most definitely try that. Thanks guys!

Thanks given by:
Yea I had issues years ago with the Value pack of target loads. I don't have my 870 no more and I do miss the gun.
Thanks given by: