Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repriming a .308 casing
Is there anyone near the Surry/Smithfield area willing to deprime and reprime my .308 casings for my Remington UML?  I have the 9.5 large rifle primers and the .308 casings and am willing to travel to you.  I will trade your work for a 1 day hunt in Surry County on a private farm during November.  Hit me up.  I want to start shooting soon.
Thanks given by:
Holy crap. Hunting a day on a private farm in Surry County.......That would be worth getting the stuff you needed if you already had the rest of the set up to reload.

Hope someone can help you out Gravelneck
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
That would take no time at all. If you're willing to come to Roanoke I'd be happy to do it for you.

I would say ship them to me, but shipping back would be the problem. Don't want to deal with hazmat.
I love vegetarians, that's typically all I eat...  dancing smiley
Thanks given by:
Are the primers you want removed spent?
"Some people are like slinkys, sort of worthless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs."
"No Bottle, just Balls & Throttle!"
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2017, 10:51 AM)Alex G. Wrote: Are the primers you want removed spent?

They are spent. The Rem. UML uses a unique ignition system. Basically uses a blank cut down 308 with a large rifle primer, vs the 209. Problem is, they aren't easy to find ready to use. He has a bunch that he has already fired and needs new primers. My advice would be to get a cheap lee hand press for the future.
Thanks given by:
So, the primer hole needs to be re-sized to fit the 9.5's? or is it simply remove and replace?
Excuse the questions, I'm just trying to figure out what is making this too difficult for gravelneck to do?
"Some people are like slinkys, sort of worthless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs."
"No Bottle, just Balls & Throttle!"
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2017, 12:15 PM)Alex G. Wrote: So, the primer hole needs to be re-sized to fit the 9.5's? or is it simply remove and replace?
Excuse the questions, I'm just trying to figure out what is making this too difficult for gravelneck to do?

No, they shouldn't need to be resized. From my understanding, he just doesn't have a press to do it with. Also, he wants to give someone an opportunity to hunt some good private land.
Thanks given by:
Yeah and if you have a press and the stuff to prime some 308s you are getting a heck of a deal to go hunt down that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. It's a pretty simple operation. They don't need to be resized. Just replace them. They just need repriming and I can use them a couple times over. I'm surely gonna get me a tool for depriming and repriming. I'm willing to do that for the accuracy this gun provides me at longer ranges. I've struck a deal with someone. Thank you guys for your help.
Thanks given by: