Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anybody tried these?
Saw these awhile back on the shelf at wally world. I was picking up the shockwaves to try. I didn't bite on the bor lock but curious if anyone has shot or hunted with them. I love federal stuff but didn't bite on these. 
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1002230...pack-of-15
Folgers field tester, Quilted Northern Prostaff
Thanks given by:
They look interesting.
Just trying to find a straight answer in a twisted world.

Investarms Hawken .50
CVA Wolf 50 cal Smokepole
Marlin 1895 GBL
Marlin Golden 39M Mountie
Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun (project)
Carbon Express Supercoil Crossbow
Mission Hype DT Compound Bow
Thanks given by:
Yep , tried them in my Wolf . They shoot just as good as anything else I have tried and stuff a lot easier . Have not yet shot any game with them , but hope to get to some ML hunting this coming week end , had a nasty bug for a couple weeks , has really limited time in the woods . Kenneth
Thanks given by:
Got surprised with an answer this evening . My step son shot a big doe with this bullet setting on 100 gr. of triple seven out of a wolf at about twenty five yds . It was quartered toward him , he had to get to work and I was tasked with gutting it . When I opened the diaphragm , the bullet was in the top portion lying loose as it fell into my hand .
It completely broke the shoulder , to the point the leg was laying over its shoulder and seemed hinged about the middle of the shoulder blade . I didn't skin it as I had just gotten home from work and ran out of day light quickly . So I don't know what the shoulder looked like , but it was pretty wasted I'm sure .
The heart seemed to be in tact , but both lungs were mush and didn't get past the diaphragm . Which was ok with me , no gut mess . The bullet pedaled pretty much as the picture on the package shows , maybe a bit more . I thought it preformed well , but this was close , what it would have done at one hundred yard velocity , I don't know .
Kenneth
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear you got it.
Folgers field tester, Quilted Northern Prostaff
Thanks given by:
I got 'em mine. Yet to shoot anything with them.
Thanks given by: