Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My latest Euro Mount
Finally got around to finishing my big 7 from last year.

Now I need to start on this years.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks great. I did something wrong on my first and last one I did. Not sure what but I ended up breaking the nose off it.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(11-15-2017, 12:39 PM)Thummy Wrote: Looks great. I did something wrong on my first and last one I did. Not sure what but I ended up breaking the nose off it.
I am hoping to get my taxidermist license once we are in the new house. I'll cut you a deal on future ones if that happens

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Thanks man. It was the first one I ever did. Not sure what I did wrong. It was real brittle on the ends. Some of it was broken already when I got it out of the water. Then as soon as I got the power washer near it....it was done. I still need to bleach the skull.

Thanks given by:
Sound like it stayed on too long
Thanks given by:
Probably. I just simmered it for several hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks given by:
the nasal and sinus bones are very fragile. Anything more than a light simmer will wear away any cartilage that keeps the bones in place. A method I've seen used successfully is that the water should never come to a boil, but that adding dish soap will help loosen any remaining skin or tissue while also removing the oils that turn the skull yellow.

It can take 2 to 3 times in the pot, but that way, you'll have a nice presentation that won't disintegrate after you attempt to power wash the skull.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]You do CrossFit? I do CrossFat. While you're doing Burpees, I am drinking Slurpees.
Thanks given by:
That look great Kyle!!! Here is the buck i buried last year! Its clean and ready to be bleached! [Image: b1e7fa148cf5727bbf5881fb5c9d277c.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
That looks great. I am having that done on my sons first buck. I want to do some on my own but I don’t want my first one to be his deer and have it go wrong.
Thanks given by: