Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing duck hunters. James City County
i pray that these fellas are able to be found safely. terrible conditions out there. y'all be safe.
http://www.13newsnow.com/news/local/coas.../505145745
Thanks given by:
Big water+ small boat+ great duck hunting weather= recipe for disaster. Know the limitations of your equipment. A 16 foot flat bottom boat is a small boat and not only to take out on big water that has any kind of wind. Happens every year, all over the country unfortunately. I’ve seen some guys take some mighty small “duck boats” out on some water that is made for 18-20’ v-hull boats. Happens inland as well. Few years back I heard a story of a guy that lunched his boat at one of the ramps in Bayou Meto and couldn’t get his motor started. Next thing everyone knows he’s in the main ditch with no power, turned broadside to the current and slammed against one of the foot bridges. Boat capsized with the man, his young son and one or two others. Everyone except the boy’s father was hauled out of the water. They found him three days later about two miles downstream.

Stay safe out there fellas. I went over my waders a few weeks ago in a beaver pond, with ice on the water. My headlamp wasn’t functioning properly. Garbage headlamp and I knew it but I kept using it like a dummy! By the time I got back to my truck most of my body had started to numb or had already lost feeling. I stripped naked as fast I could and hopped in my truck and got the heater going. Thankfully I always carry an extra coat and other dry clothing when hunting so I could change once I regained feeling.

It’s dangerous out there when the weather gets really good. I feel terrible for their families but hopefully some young gung-ho individuals will learn something from this.
Thanks given by:
here's another story; of a tournament angler missing after crashing his boat: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/05/fis...ssing.html
Thanks given by:
Any word on if these guys were found?
[Image: gallardo.jpg]You do CrossFit? I do CrossFat. While you're doing Burpees, I am drinking Slurpees.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2018, 10:06 PM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: Any word on if these guys were found?

they found their capsized boat but not the two men. they reported that they have changed from a search and rescue mission to a body recovery mission now.
Thanks given by:
So sad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
the search continues. http://www.nbc12.com/story/37206160/stat...ng-hunters
Thanks given by:
Just terrible. I hope they find these guys soon to give families some closure. Unfortunately this is gonna be tough the longer this goes though. 2 years ago when a boat capsized in the Potomac up around St. Clements they didn't find one of the men until like 3 or 4 months later when the body had floated all the way down through the mouth of the river and across the bay to the Eastern Shore. The only reason they found the body was the man had been wearing a life vest and so he floated. Crazy drift pattern and currents will make this tough especially as far down river as this was they could be out to sea pretty quick. Prayers every day for these guys.
Thanks given by:
Never good. Both my brothers were licensed Hard Hat Divers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Just found out my neighbors uncle was hunting partners with one of the guys. He says his uncle is going out again today to look and that supposedly they have been searching in the wrong area. A tug operator gave them a tip that he saw the guys in a different part of the river so they are moving the search to that area today. Prayers they find them soon. Such a small world when it comes to duck hunting.
Thanks given by: