Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Gobbler?
Anybody planning on airgun hunting turkeys this spring? I'm really contemplating taking the .357 bulldog out this year.

Shot some cans yesterday with the 153gr hollow points just to check my zero. Man they made some loud explosions!
[Image: abbff5a636e29feff69145f0159f1c0c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I will be taking the .357 Bulldog out for fall Turkey season but not spring.
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2018, 04:14 PM)Squid Wrote: I will be taking the .357 Bulldog out for fall Turkey season but not spring.
Awesome man! Have you hunted them with the bulldog before? Do you take head or body shots?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Head shot with the .25 Maruader. I haven't taken a Turkey with the .357 Bulldog yet.
Thanks given by:
I'm looking for #5 with an air rifle this year. First one I was scared for the head shot so I did a body shot. Dropped it no problem. .357 air rifle is a hard hitter.

Thanks given by:
(04-08-2018, 07:28 AM)BiggBirdd Wrote: I'm looking for #5 with an air rifle this year. First one I was scared for the head shot so I did a body shot. Dropped it no problem. .357 air rifle is a hard hitter.
I've always liked that video. No doubt on the body shots. I've taken 150 lbs + wild pigs with .357 air rifle body shots.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2018, 07:28 AM)BiggBirdd Wrote: I'm looking for #5 with an air rifle this year. First one I was scared for the head shot so I did a body shot. Dropped it no problem. .357 air rifle is a hard hitter.

Heck yeah man great video! Are you going to stick with the .357 or do you plan on trying out the SS?
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2018, 02:10 PM)Squid Wrote: Head shot with the .25 Maruader.  I haven't taken a Turkey with the .357 Bulldog yet.

That's awesome Squid. The more I shoot my .22 marauder the more I wish I would have gotten the .25.
Thanks given by:
SS is overkill. Unless you're making feather pillows. I may use the .25 bullpup. It's easier to carry if I run and gun them.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2018, 07:56 PM)BiggBirdd Wrote: SS is overkill. Unless you're making feather pillows. I may use the .25 bullpup. It's easier to carry if I run and gun them.

I can certainly see why the SS would be overkill!

Heck I was even debating whether I should take the .22 Marauder or not. Only issue with taking the .22 would be strictly headshots only.
Thanks given by: