Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.357 Bulldog Hunting Hawaii
I guess I should have posted this in the Air Gun section. Last week in Hawaii I took this Hawaiian Black Sheep Ram with my .357 Bulldog. I was using JSB 81 grain at 40 yards.

The Ram was hanging out at 70 yds for a long time before closing to 40 yds. 1st shot took out the left lung and dropped him and then I took the head shot.

Because of the thickness of the wool I'm going for a lethal tune on the Bulldog. I'm also switching to the Nielsen 142 Grain HP Boattail and hope to push 900 fps out of it. Hopefully this will give me more capability at longer distance. Something I definitely beed to hunt sheep. I will post results when I get the new tune and rounds dialed in. [Image: 9aabe36b5158a82f4b99e1b215fec72d.jpg][Image: 5d5b9b70f433252229f937896f82da6e.jpg][Image: 4a162662edc50a7621b4b2893ebdf1a6.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
sweet looking ram, good to see you're able to get some time to get back on island to take some more game.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]You do CrossFit? I do CrossFat. While you're doing Burpees, I am drinking Slurpees.
Thanks given by:
nice job with the bb gun billy
Thanks given by:
Way to go man! Love the bulldog!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Brandon. I'm excited to see how it performs when I get it back from Lethal. Already prepping for the next hunt Smile
(05-07-2018, 05:24 AM)Brandon Wrote: Way to go man! Love the bulldog!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
This is the damage the JSB did to the lung.  My concern was that it didn't  punch through both.  I'm hoping the Lethal power tune and Nielsen 142s give me more range and penetration on wool.

[Image: 6d991bca40ce4b7e1a098f42f4ccd542.jpg]

This is the Nielsen 142 (left) vs JBS 81.  
[Image: d0392badaad6413d7caace93ea1f8877.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah man the tune and those HP from Neilsen will do way more damage than those JSB's. Looking forward to see what numbers they are able to get out of her.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2018, 05:45 AM)Brandon Wrote: Yeah man the tune and those HP from Neilsen will do way more damage than those JSB's. Looking forward to see what numbers they are able to get out of her.
Bryan from Lethal Air said he would be picking up my Bulldog tomorrow. I'm really excited to see how it shoots after the Lethal Power Tune. Once I get it dialed in I will do some test with ballistic gelatin covered with carpet. I'm really excited to see how the Nielsen HPs perform with the tune.

It's not everyday you get a shot at a trophy Ram, especially with an Air Rifle. I've gotta make sure it's dialed in before my next Hawaii hunting trip.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2018, 10:11 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 05:45 AM)Brandon Wrote: Yeah man the tune and those HP from Neilsen will do way more damage than those JSB's. Looking forward to see what numbers they are able to get out of her.
Bryan from Lethal Air said he would be picking up my Bulldog tomorrow.  I'm really excited to see how it shoots after the Lethal Power Tune.  Once I get it dialed in I will do some test with ballistic gelatin covered with carpet.  I'm really excited to see how the Nielsen HPs perform with the tune.    

It's not everyday you get a shot at a trophy Ram, especially with an Air Rifle.  I've gotta make sure it's dialed in before my next Hawaii hunting trip.

Billy, what ever happened with the power tune? Did they get it done for you and if so what were the numbers with the 142s?
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2018, 11:28 AM)Brandon Wrote: Billy, what ever happened with the power tune? Did they get it done for you and if so what were the numbers with the 142s?
Brandon, I got the powertune but I havne't tried it on ballistic gelatin or the chronogrpah yet.  I really need to though.
Thanks given by: