Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snares for groundhogs
Has anyone tried setting snares for groundhogs? I have one that is eating my plot and my parent's garden. This one isn't interested in the cage trap and I haven't had the time to sit and wait for him to come out recently. I have found 2 of his holes so I figured a snare might be the easiest option at this point. Any advice would be helpful.
Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison- Genesis 27:3
Thanks given by:
Update: The snare worked. I made 2 from $4 worth of materials from Lowe's. I put one on each of the holes. Pretty pleased with that.
Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison- Genesis 27:3
Thanks given by:
Good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Did you eat them or just set them aside? I know a few folks eat them, I just don’t see many videos on YouTube about how to cook them.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]You do CrossFit? I do CrossFat. While you're doing Burpees, I am drinking Slurpees.
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2018, 06:12 PM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: Did you eat them or just set them aside? I know a few folks eat them, I just don’t see many videos on YouTube about how to cook them.

I did not eat it. It was in no condition to be eaten with this heat. The cable had cut into it and opened it up and it was ripe.
Thanks given by: