Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more from the CPO notebook
this one happened on a piece of property across the street from one of our hunt club properties.

CPO Brings Investigation Since April, to a Close – On Sunday October 14, CPO J. Hart was able to bring an investigation to a close that started back in April.  This past spring turkey season while on patrol, Hart noticed muddy tracks on the hard surface road leaving a particular block of woods on several occasions.  Hart thought he knew the owner and was pretty confident that he was not a hunter.  Shortly afterwards he noticed posted signs placed around the property.  Hart tracked down the landowner and asked him if he had leased his property.  The owner said that he had not and he had no idea who had posted his land.  By this time, spring turkey was over so Hart decided to wait until the fall and do some more investigating.  In early September, Officer Hart initiated some foot patrols in the area and discovered 6 newly placed stands on the property all with fresh bait and a game camera on each.  Officer Hart started conducting surveillance of the property and placed a camera of his own.  In addition to the stands he also found where the suspects had left an ATV on the property for their own use while trespassing and hunting over bait.  Hart was waiting in the woods opening morning of bow season, however no one showed. That following Thursday, Hart found evidence that the bait had been freshened up so he was confident they would be back.  On Sunday afternoon the violators came to hunt.  Officer Hart went in and found three suspects in separate stands.  After brief interviews with each, they confessed to hunting over bait and trespassing.  Charges are pending.
Thanks given by:
Got em!
[Image: gallardo.jpg]You do CrossFit? I do CrossFat. While you're doing Burpees, I am drinking Slurpees.
Thanks given by:
Nice!
Thanks given by:
Unbelievable nerve.
Thanks given by:
Always fun to read those stories. Glad he caught them
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
The nerve of some people!!!!
Thanks given by:
The trespassing and posting part makes me even angrier!
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2018, 10:51 AM)BillHoo Wrote: The trespassing and posting part makes me even angrier!

yeah i wonder if they were able to be charged for hunting on posted property even though they put the signs up rolling rolling
Thanks given by:
I was in a small hunt club up in Stony Creek years ago. They had a camp on about 50 acres and was surrounded by lumber company lands. The local club used to post it and try to run people out. We had maps that came with the permits we bought so we knew where we could hunt. The guys in the club that had been there and knew the game said if they say they are going to call the GW tell them to do it. I saw their signs on trees.
Thanks given by:
Wow..
Folgers field tester, Quilted Northern Prostaff
Thanks given by: