Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a beast but good eats...
Congrats on the buck!
Thanks given by:
I say always take that shot. You have 3 buck tags and it could have been a big ole boy. Plus, you can always admire the antlers when you want. The venison will turn into a turd and it doesn't taste that good anyway.
Thanks given by:
congrats man..
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
Good job bringing him home. I'm really surprised you only pulled 55 pounds of meat from a deer that size, though. You process yourself or pay a butcher?
Thanks given by:
I do it myself. The 55 was after trimming it all up pretty but that said I admittedly did a crappier job than usual on this guy. I would normally process in my garage at home and take my time and get rib meat etc but I did this guy under the deck of our family river place. Just not an optimal hanging spot and in the dark after a the long drag I was beat and sloppier than normal. If the Northern Neck had a processor within a reasonable drive I'd use it when out that way but I'm not aware of one. If anyone knows a processor in Westmoreland or Richmond County that is decent I'd love to here about them.
Thanks given by:
Wow that looks heavy!!! I’m past drags like that, thank God. Always better hunting once one is down! Congrats on the “Freezer Trophy” ! Yeah I like that name as well! Ill be Looking for your next one posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
bluefish, I understand. Of the 4 deer I've butchered now, it's all been done in my garage in my own time. Easy to be an armchair quarterback when you've got all the time you need...
Thanks given by:
I hunted outside of Warsaw Saturday and I was shocked at how few shots I heard. I popped a mature doe at 9:45.
Thanks given by: