Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad luck on the last day.
Got out to my public land spot this morning to try for a couple ducks on the last day of the second split. Made it out here nice and early and was feeling good. Started getting my stuff out of the truck and realized I didnt have my seat. Oh well ill sit on the ground. Walked about a half mile to a small beaver pond that woodies like to use and started setting out a couple decoys and my left foot is getting wet. Wonderful....a hole in my waders. Oh well its 65 degrees anyway. So I'm all set up and with eight minutes to go until shooting time and i hear some guys coming in behind me. I flash my light over at them and they flash back and then proceed to set up forty yards away from me and high ball at every sparrow that passes over. I watch multiple groups of birds coming towards them and they would start calling and the birds would flare off. Finally I get a group of five woodies to come in from the other side and take a shot. The shot wings one and he sails off to get downed by my newfound hunting buddies. Go to rack the gun and it jams. In my excitement I must have short shucked it bc the spent shell never cleared. Now im cussing myself. I give it up about 0915 pack up and trek back to the truck. Waders off and everything loaded back up and the truck wont start. Started fine this morning but I looked at the positive terminal and it has some corrosion on it. Must have been just enough to keep it from getting a charge on the hour long ride out here. What a morning. Now I can sit here for the next hour waiting on roadside assistance dreaming of the third split lol

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
So Your day did not go off as planed ….. but "hay" …….. You were out there!!!! - It is aggravating when You put that much energy and effort into a hunt …… to have it go SOUTH -

Thanks given by:
O yeah. I wasnt trying to put it out there as a pity party. I still see the comedy in it. I'm the type that plans these things out "meticulously" Just to trip over my own feet trying to make it happen lol. I still had fun, saw some birds, learned a few things and it gives me more planning to do for the next trip. Plus not having a chair made the walk in easier

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: