Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where?! ?
While living in South Carolina I started hunting ducks, it was an absolute blast! South Carolina does a really good job of providing habitat and food for waterfowl, while providing amazing hunting opportunities. Since moving back to Virginia I can not find a spot to hunt ducks what so ever on the western side of the state. I live in Augusta county And there is no public marsh land around here. Anyone have any tips or pointers towards a direction to get on a few birds?!
Thanks given by:
The best advice is to look at maps and find water or fields (for geese) and then start knocking on doors.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I was going to post a real smart ass answer but I instead decided to let everyone in on the secret to my success. 

Step 1: find a place that may have birds
Step 2: scout it at first light,  several times to ascertain whether there are in fact birds.
Step 3: if birds are found and it is public, hunt it. If private, secure permission. If no birds are there, start over at Step 1.
Step 4: hunt where the birds want to be and shoot them in the face. 

Repeat until you are satisfied. Now my secret is out there for everyone to see. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha. I just google earthed Augusta. Looks to me like plenty of spots in the National Forest that look promising if you can find parking close and get to them. No huge swamps but lots of holes that certainly hold a few birds and maybe some geese. I know the wider creeks in that area can hold plenty.
Thanks given by:
I've been wanting to hunt Tangier Island for a while, but have work or tenant issues the last couple years.

But I hear Tangier is a good spot for waterfowl hunting of all kinds.
Thanks given by:
(12-24-2018, 10:03 AM)BillHoo Wrote: I've been wanting to hunt Tangier Island for a while, but have work or tenant issues the last couple years.

But I hear Tangier is a good spot for waterfowl hunting of all kinds.

Guided or DIY for tangier?
Thanks given by: