Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the gun that you sold and wish you could get back?
I know that many people from time to time have to part with a gun due to tough financial times.  A few years ago I had a few rifles up for sale. I didn't want to have them up, but when the wife lost her job without notice, we were in a tight spot that thankfully didn't last. I didn't end up having to part with them and was able to keep them.

What is the gun that you wish you didn't have to sell? Did it have sentimental value? was it nice but not functional for you? Did you have to get rid of it or sleep on the couch forever?

The one rifle that I sold but wish I hadn't was a Chinese made MAK-90 (AK variant). I was a very young Soldier and had just received orders to my first Korea tour in 1995. I was living in the barracks at Fort Hood, and my mom wanted it out of her house. I wasn't able to store it in the arms room, as they had been emptied, and turned over to another unit in advance of our unit move. I ended up having to sell it to a pawn broker in Killeen, TX, and I only was able to get $100 for it, less half of what I had paid 6 months earlier. I saw a few years ago that MAK-90s were going for about $2000...

I don't know what I would have done with that rifle for more than just target shooting; I suppose I could have hunted with it as the 7.62x39 is a very capable hunting round, but public land in Texas was very limited, and being on a hard time crunch, it probably worked out for the best.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
I used to have one of those. I sold it to my brother. My Nephew has it now.
Thanks given by:
Colt King Cobra .357 stainless
Thanks given by:
Marlin 336 in 30-30. Got it when I was a kid in the late 80s from my parents to deer hunt with. When I was 19 I thought I just had to have a Remington 700. I didn’t have all the money so stupid me sold the Marlin. I should have waited to save up the extra money. Never really thought about it until about 7 years ago, around the time I went on my first hog hunt. Wish I still had that gun. Decided that I would never sell another gun. That no matter what I would just wait and save for whatever it was I wanted next.

Guess I have been extremely lucky that I haven’t been in a situation where I had to sell a gun because I needed the money. That said I have other stuff I would start selling off first if I had too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
The only time I have ever sold a gun is if I just dont care about it for whatever reason so I have never had this problem. Never sold a gun I actually liked or had some connection with.
Thanks given by:
1982 vintage S&W Model 64 4" SB Virginia State Police issued gun.
Thanks given by: