Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best turkey decoy?
Best single decoy on the market for the run & gun style of spring turkey hunting?  WHY you think so??
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by:
I really like my avian x. I like them because I've seen how good they work first hand. Also have heard the dsd are really nice. They cost more then the avian but by my eyes are pretty close to the real thing
Thanks given by:
i like the dsd decoys but they are heavy and bulky.
Thanks given by:
if I had to pick one.. it would be Avian Jake .. but it can get cumbersome to carry as well..

You really want to go light.. just carry a foldable fan on a stick .. but If I remember you are against gobbler dekes..
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
Heavy vs. lite??? While they may not look as real as today's heavy plastic decoys, I tend to like the lightweight folding decoys.... hen or jake.....   I like them mostly because the least little wind can move them, the heavy decoys will stand at attention all morning long while the lightweights will change direction thru-out the morning,talking on the all morning sets!!
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by:
Montana Decoy makes really nice 3D folding decoys. The hen and jake are pretty realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
For what's it's worth.. I have actually found that my Avians move real well in a light breeze.. I think they designed it to be balanced and will rotate easily on that stake if it is straight up and down. Someitimes I have to poke a stick in the ground to stop the movement because I think it moves a little too much. One word of warning on the Avians.. don't push it into the ground while the stake is in the decoy.. push the stake in then set the deke on top.. I made that mistake with my Jake and tore the seal down in the stake hole so it leaked air and didn't stay all the way inflated.. I fixed it by dropping some Gorilla Glue down the stake hole, but could have avoided it altogether..
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
I run and gun to much so I don't carry any. to much to carry for me
Thanks given by:
I was at gtop today and checked out the turkey decoys. I was amazed at the color and quality and price of the GHG decoys by Averyoutdoors.com. I think they will be my next decoy when my dsd’s wear out.
Thanks given by:

i really like the GHG stakes and motion cone and the darker color on the jake decoy.
Thanks given by: