Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak fishers in NOVA
I'm about to purchase my first fishing kayak and would always love to meet other kayak fishers and fish with them if anyone interested
Thanks given by:
I have a 16” triple seat that i havent been able to get out into the waters here near Richmond. I need to get a rack that i can mount to my truck so i can transport it, since my wife sold her Jeep.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2019, 06:06 AM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: I have a 16” triple seat that i havent been able to get out into the waters here near Richmond. I need to get a rack that i can mount to my truck so i can transport it, since my wife sold her Jeep.

Ya I'm looking at getting a 10" to start this fishing season off, super excited to get going!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2019, 06:06 AM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: I have a 16” triple seat that i havent been able to get out into the waters here near Richmond. I need to get a rack that i can mount to my truck so i can transport it, since my wife sold her Jeep.

Yet some PVC pipe and a couple extra thick foam "Pool Noodles" and use rachet straps.

Guy here has two video on how to make the rack and how to load an unload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDhYf9OI8Z4

Remember Pool Noodles, not Drooling Poodles.
Thanks given by:
If my wife saw me doing this, she would be just a little upset. I need to buy one of the tail gate extenders and try to make a ladder rack.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Without proper crossbars to strap kayak you may get "Strap Strum". The wind causes the straps to vibrate. The vibration creates heat which can melt the kayak........
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2019, 02:12 PM)Csniffen08 Wrote:

Ya I'm looking at getting a 10" to start this fishing season off, super excited to get going!

I'd recommend a 12'. I have a 14', which is often too long. My kids have 10' yaks, which are a tad too small for adults, especially if you rig them for fishing and/or camping. My next yak upgrade will be a 12'. Always go with a sit on top. Mine has a skeg, which I love a lot. Let us know what you end up getting.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2019, 04:56 PM)Carcass Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 02:12 PM)Csniffen08 Wrote:

I'd recommend a 12'.  I have a 14', which is often too long.  My kids have 10' yaks, which are a tad too small for adults, especially if you rig them for fishing and/or camping.  My next yak upgrade will be a 12'.  Always go with a sit on top. Mine has a skeg, which I love a lot.  Let us know what you end up getting.
I bought a lifetime tamarack 10ft last night, should be here next weekend and,ready to get it in the water!!
Thanks given by:
awesome, you'll love it. i love my yaks and being able to launch easily and fish where many others cannot.
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2019, 05:43 PM)Carcass Wrote: awesome, you'll love it.  i love my yaks and being able to launch easily and fish where many others cannot.

I'm pumped to get out there and fish other than off the banks. I'm going to be out there a lot. What you like fishing for? I'm trying out my new crank baits at the moment for now
Thanks given by: