Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
05/04/19
Anybody hunting today? If so, how are the birds acting? Good luck if you’re in the field after them.
Thanks given by:
Too hot cutting down trees for sure. I need a cold snap!
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
I had 150 or so gobbles from 5 birds from 5:45 til 9:45 today. Got to 30 yds on 2 birds but failed.... terrain didnt do me favors but dang fun hunt. Set on first bird and run and gun 2nd. They were hot. First bird ditched me for 2 hems.
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2019, 06:47 PM)bluefishnc Wrote: I had 150 or so gobbles from 5 birds from 5:45 til 9:45 today.  Got to 30 yds on 2 birds but failed.... terrain didnt do me favors but dang fun hunt. Set on first bird and run and gun 2nd.  They were hot. First bird ditched me for 2 hems.

man, sounds like quite an adventure. you going back after them again soon?
Thanks given by:
Was out with Gutpyls. We hiked around the mountain and didn’t hear a single bird. It was hot out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately no. Saturday was probably my last time out this season. Might squeak an evening trip out one last time on the last day of the season but otherwise I'm cooked with kids and work.

Bummer is that if I had one more shot at the first bird he'd be in my cooler right now. I ended up giving my intel to another club member and gave him the road map the flopping the hottest gobbler. He is dead now. Got shot right off the roost this am. Other birds on this property are still killable I think but this bird was the boss Tom and a layup if you were positioned right (which I wasn't on Saturday). He was flying right into a field and had thick woods on 3 sides so he was being forced/funneled into the field at fly down. Oh well... just glad someone got him and next season I will know how to kill them in that spot if another bird sets in there which I'm sure they will since the hens like that spot too. I have that at least. :-)
Thanks given by:
That stinks that you didn’t get him. what were the tom’s measurements?
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2019, 08:37 AM)Carcass Wrote: That stinks that you didn’t get him. what were the tom’s measurements?

Just saw the pics but I didn't get any measurements yet. He looked like an "average" to a little above avg. Tom though from the pics I saw. I'd guess 1.25" or so spurs and 10"+ish beard. Bummed I wasn't the one to wax him but gratifying knowing my "road map to success" for killing him was correct.
Thanks given by: