Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decoys
I have not had a lot of luck with decoys in the past. Most deer see them and lock up on me. I take care of scent and try to use them in correct situations but its not been good for me. I purchases a set of them for KS this year and may try them in open ground. Anyway you guys thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
Wait... YOUR asking us? Lol
Never used a deer decoy.. but have seen it done on TV...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
"Some people are like slinkys, sort of worthless, but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs."
"No Bottle, just Balls & Throttle!"
Thanks given by:
My illinois buddy refuses to use them after getting burned one time. I have always wanted to but to be honest didn't want to hassle with it.

I think having one out during the rut could be golden, and of course it depends on the buck. Dominate buck is going to want a piece, a less dominate (but maybe huge racked buck) may not. So it can be a gamble. But I would like to deploy one while I was rattling and calling, so the deer have something to lock onto

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2019, 09:00 AM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: My illinois buddy refuses to use them after getting burned one time. I have always wanted to but to be honest didn't want to hassle with it.

I think having one out during the rut could be golden, and of course it depends on the buck. Dominate buck is going to want a piece, a less dominate (but maybe huge racked buck) may not. So it can be a gamble. But I would like to deploy one while I was rattling and calling, so the deer have something to lock onto

Yeah Im kinda like your buddy in that Im not big on scents and stuff. I have had them work but more often not.

Wondering which one folks bought that works. Do you face them a certain way, sun at your back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by: