Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deercast
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried the deercast app by DOD? I THOUGHT it was a cool idea, but it doesn't seem to hold a lot if weight. It was rating this morning as "poor" and I've seen 13 does after getting in late. Good info about barometric pressures and wind that weather apps tend to miss. Thought I'd throw it out there and see what you guys thought.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
***I'd rather be bowhunting...***
Archery 
Thanks given by:
I tried it when it first came out and was a free trial. I wasn’t impressed with it enough to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I’ve used it, along with my other apps, and it’s hit or miss at best. Sure I have great days it says are great, but is not better than 50% in my unscientific opinion. I suppose if you submit your observations their machine learning algorithm will get better but it should be free until it’s really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
I use it and it does the job. Mark Drury said it best "regardless of what the Deercast app says, I am hunting".

Look past the actual "grades". It has what you need there sunrise/sunset, wind, temp, barometric pressure, and wind direction speed. I like the 5/10 day forecast capability so you can watch a rising pressure, temp drop, and wind change. That being said, for the price of Free 99 and some adds, the HuntStand app has a lot of the same, plus mapping. I would go with that

Thanks given by:
(10-14-2019, 07:29 AM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: I use it and it does the job. Mark Drury said it best "regardless of what the Deercast app says, I am hunting".

Look past the actual "grades". It has what you need there sunrise/sunset, wind, temp, barometric pressure, and wind direction speed. I like the 5/10 day forecast capability so you can watch a rising pressure, temp drop, and wind change. That being said, for the price of Free 99 and some adds, the HuntStand app has a lot of the same, plus mapping. I would go with that

I use HuntStand also. Since I have a couple of friends that hunt the same properties we share maps, sightings, stand locations, etc. very handy. I liked it so much I bought the pro version. The ability to view property boundaries has helped me in getting new hunting areas also.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2019, 08:49 AM)Luv2fish Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 07:29 AM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: I use it and it does the job.  Mark Drury said it best "regardless of what the Deercast app says, I am hunting".  

Look past the actual "grades".  It has what you need there sunrise/sunset, wind, temp, barometric pressure, and wind direction speed.  I like the 5/10 day forecast capability so you can watch a rising pressure, temp drop, and wind change.  That being said, for the price of Free 99 and some adds, the HuntStand app has a lot of the same, plus mapping.  I would go with that

I use HuntStand also.  Since I have a couple of friends that hunt the same properties we share maps, sightings, stand locations, etc.  very handy. I liked it so much I bought the pro version.  The ability to view property boundaries has helped me in getting new hunting areas also.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I was sharing with my family this past weekend.  It was a little glitchy, it worked for my Dad but not for me and my brother.  The property boundaries are great to see.  Helps me know where I am going on my leases.

Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the input. I haven't tried the other apps, but I think the only thing I can put much stock in here is the weather information and phase tips

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
***I'd rather be bowhunting...***
Archery 
Thanks given by: