Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't get it
Ok I need some help here.  I saw this picture posted on FB.  Guy said 7 inch group at 100 yards with his ML.  This was shots 3,4 & 5 he says.  Now I don't understand why someone would leave it like this. 

When I sight in my stuff I want the bullets hitting the center.  I don't need a 3 shot group that is one hole dead middle of the bullseye but if the red circle in the middle is around the size of a half dollar I want all 3 bullets touching it.  I don't want my 3 shot group touching this far off center.  This isn't the first time I have seen this.  I just got to wondering what the point was.  Maybe I am missing something.  

[Image: 75008652_10215720818555544_7948608387439...e=5E5FF72F]
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Hey Thummy,

If I understand your post and question correctly, I assume you're referring to the fact that the three holes are not on the center or bullseye?

He's probably sighting in and working on his load development. In that case, you want to hold the cross hairs dead center and see where the consistency of your load is. Once you have a good grouping that you're comfortable with, all you have to do it adjust the windage and elevation of your scope to align with the center of your grouping. Your POA and POI should be bang on, or set to your liking. For example, 1" high at 50 yards, dead on at 100, etc.

The target he's using has 1" grids so you can easily see the adjustments needed both vertically and horizontally.

I'm not sure where the other other shots ended up, but that's another question for another day.
Thanks given by:
some people are fine with that tight of a group inside that 6x6 grid. put the crosshairs on the boiler room and that rifle is going to produce a dead deer. i might adjust a couple clicks left but i tend to sight in a little high like this for elevation but do my best to get windage/r/l dead on.
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2019, 01:28 PM)buckmark 13 Wrote: He's probably sighting in and working on his load development. In that case, you want to hold the cross hairs dead center and see where the consistency of your load is. Once you have a good grouping that you're comfortable with,  all you have to do it adjust the windage and elevation of your scope to align with the center of your grouping. Your POA and POI should be bang on, or set to your liking. For example, 1" high at 50 yards,  dead on at 100, etc.

The target he's using has 1" grids so you can easily see the adjustments needed both vertically and horizontally.

Yeah...That

Assuming this is at 100 yards, all he needs to do is make 4 clicks on the scope and he's dead on target.  

with my muzzleloader, I like to zero in at 100 yards.  With my rifle, I want to be 2 inches high at 100 yards so I am zeroed in at 200 yards.
Thanks given by:
Buckmark. He said he was good with that. He wasn’t working up anything.

When I built my AR I held dead center and shot a couple different bullets. I didn’t care where they were on the target just wanted to see which ones grouped the best out of my barrel.

This guy is actually going to hunt with that because he thinks it is good to go. I have seen this a few time. Just don’t understand why not take the time to make a few clicks.

If I can make a click or two adjustment and be better I will and that is being a lot closer than this guy is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks given by:
Thats pretty good for ML and easy adj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
I have no issues with the group. Mine shoots right groups like that. My issue is that he thinks that is fine and left it. A quick adjustment and it would be dead on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks given by: