Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H-Finder App on VADGIF site
Interesting.

VGDIF has a site where property owners and hunters can connect.

I doubt it will actually work, but I figure as long as they don't charge, it is worth a shot.

It is meant to connect landowners with license deer hunters.

You fill out a form and provide a reference and if a property owner does the same, they may contact you to hunt on their property.

VDGIF has something similar about 10 years ago to connect hunters with property owner who had a problem with feral hogs.  I registered along with over 400 other hunters. I know of no one who was ever contacted.
Thanks given by:
Yea I saw this, if we are talking about the same thing. I think its a lease program. Landowners provide a price and you can purchase it for a certain duration. I glanced at it maybe two years ago, I thought it was over priced.

Thanks given by:
(11-06-2019, 03:34 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Yea I saw this, if we are talking about the same thing.  I think its a lease program.  Landowners provide a price and you can purchase it for a certain duration.  I glanced at it maybe two years ago, I thought it was over priced.

That is Outdoor Access you are thinking of.  BillHoo is referring to the Hunter Finder on the actual VDGIF website.  You can register as a Hunter and a landowner can search and contact you if he wants you to help manage deer on his property.  I have been registered for a few years now, have never received any emails asking me to come hunt, lol.

https://www3.dgif.virginia.gov/hfinder/
Thanks given by:
(11-14-2019, 03:57 PM)Unkn0wN Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 03:34 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Yea I saw this, if we are talking about the same thing.  I think its a lease program.  Landowners provide a price and you can purchase it for a certain duration.  I glanced at it maybe two years ago, I thought it was over priced.

That is Outdoor Access you are thinking of.  BillHoo is referring to the Hunter Finder on the actual VDGIF website.  You can register as a Hunter and a landowner can search and contact you if he wants you to help manage deer on his property.  I have been registered for a few years now, have never received any emails asking me to come hunt, lol.

https://www3.dgif.virginia.gov/hfinder/

Gotcha, ok good to know

Thanks given by:
Yep.  The VDGIF feature strikes me as worthless.  I signed up for Outdoor Access last year.  Didn't get out at all on their properties last season, been out on one of their properties once this year.   Am signed up to go out on Tuesday to another property near Manassas.   Jury is still on on it as far as I'm concerned.  Its sort of like Air BnB for hunting.   Its a good concept but their web page still needs some work.  And prices seem a little high to me.    Not sure if I am going to renew my membership when it comes up in December.
Thanks given by: