Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illinois and back
Got back from Illinois a few days ago. Had a great time with my buddy as the company is always good. Hunting was fun as well. Ended up hunting what felt like a trickle rut, as the bucks weren’t going nuts. A little chasing and some cruising but nothing you would hope to see for Nov 9-12. Best buck I saw was within 10 minutes of being in the stand, a good 10pt that I opted to let walk because I had 5 days to go. Wish I hadn’t looking back. But got this mature 8 at first light on the 3rd day, 4.5-5.5 yr old. Pleased to tag on him for sure. My buddy dropped a real nice younger buck that he kinda wishes he had let go for another year but that’s how it happens, and you only say that in Illinois ha. 3rd buck pic is my buddies. Regardless Illinois is a beautiful place with great people! If you ever get the chance to go, go for it.[Image: b47e9e1f0c96048638515edbcd6daa2d.jpg][Image: 0fa00270ee1e2068217eb76041be5bd7.jpg][Image: eb4b6a9118c17b3f629d8e19394b31f1.jpg][Image: c9b8f1db46c85bf6531bc721793a1cb9.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
Sounds like an awesome time and congrats on a great 8 point.. I would almost say you may have been late for the peak chasing in the RUT.. you may have been there during lockdown. I've not been as often as you have, but the couple times that I went seemed like the first week in November was the chase phase to me out there.. but I was in the NW corner of the state, may be different where you were.
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
(11-18-2019, 10:06 AM)wvboy Wrote: Sounds like an awesome time and congrats on a great 8 point..   I would almost say you may have been late for the peak chasing in the RUT.. you may have been there during lockdown.  I've not been as often as you have, but the couple times that I went seemed like the first week in November was the chase phase to me out there.. but I was in the NW corner of the state, may be different where you were.

Thanks man!  There was definitely some of that going on with the lock down.  Still plenty of cruising bucks, and some chasing just not that peak rut excitement you hope for.  I hunted Missouri and Illinois for a number of years, their rut is the exact same time as ours where I have been.  I was there the 12th - 16th two years ago and it was buck chaos, tons of fun to see all that happening.

Thanks given by:
Congrats, Brad!
Thanks given by:
congrats brad
Thanks given by:
nice!
Thanks given by:
Awesome photos, congrats
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Hey Bucksnort,
Nice kill, love the roman nose and the general mass of the rack. Always a rush loosing an arrow at a respectable buck. Cant tell but he looks 4 to me. Congrats on all you did to make your season a success. Seems you got the corn situation figured out. Guessing it was cut based on pics... sometimes its hard to tell when stuff happens fast on a hunt so all good on your friend taking a younger deer. We try not to but it happens. We are hunters and a hunter needs to kill! I only have issue with 2.5yo kills anything older is ok IMO.

Love the pics... if you have more please share as I for one cant get enough!!! You know Im a pic guy!!! Even details of the kill and other sits. Lets here it.

Hats off to you for your success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
Congrats Bucksnort. Looks like it was a great trip
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Awesome Bucks!!!!!! congrats on closing the deal.

Thanks given by: