Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth the Wait.. had to call in some reinforcements :)
Luke had not killed a turkey since early April 2018.. the last one he killed was a double beard in TN.. I would say if I could kill a double beard then this Giant I would probably wait the two years as well Smile .. 
My buddy Doug and I planned this trip right after last Turkey season and I had been looking forward to it all year.  I called Doug and told him Luke wants to join and he's been on a dry spell.. Doug didn't hesitate to say then he shoots first.. I love the Gracious guys I have had the pleasure of meeting through turkey hunting. 

We went to one of my honey holes in WV .. it was raining on Friday and looking at the radar looked to be rain pretty hard until around 8:00 AM.. so we popped up two blinds to sit it out.. the Mountain creek was loud from the rain the previous day and we heard nothing at gobble time.. around 8 I got ansy and decided we needed to take a walk and try and find one.. Both Doug and I joked that the Jake deke will prolly be knocked over when we get back.. we climbed up on a big timbered ridge and we did get a bird to gobble a couple of ridges over.. but he wasn't quite hot enough for me to walk that far up and over those steep ridges.. so we circled around and spent a couple hours up in there trying to find another one.. twice at the stop and call sessions Doug and then Luke said they heard one and pointed back to where we were setup.. again we joked he was down there beating up the Jake.. we dropped back into the holler above where we started and eased back down to see the setup.. I couldn't believe it but sure enough after Doug put the scope on what I thought was a gobbler it was confirmed.. he was about 10 yds from the dekes and 150 from us .. we were blessed to have some cover.. just then he blew into strut and then made his way over and beat the living tar out of the jake decoy.. as he was doing this we hit the deck.. Doug stayed back to call and Luke and I starting crawling.. I told Doug to call when we made it to the field edge at the big white pine.. when we made it there Doug started to call and Luke held up the Gobbler fan .. the big boy looked our way and came on a string for another fight.. but all he found was a load of Federal TSS #9s.  Thanks again Doug for letting Luke be the shooter.. we never did really get close to another gobbler before we had to call the Hunt Saturday at noon.  This bird is a beast.. bigger than anything I have ever killed.. Legit 1.5 incher.. 21 lbs .. right at 10 inch beard.

Video.. https://youtu.be/Z8oxutTMUVs

[Image: R9SVXOg.jpg?1]
[Image: dHKQJgP.jpg?1]
[Image: Je4L6Js.jpg?1]
[Image: uc0vQQY.jpg?1]
[Image: Iki6szk.jpg?1]
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
awesome hunt! congrats to you all!
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
and dang, he put the bead on the right spot and that turkey head exploded! nice shot! great video.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by: wvboy
Got some hooks on that bird. Congratulations

What a great hunt! Congrats to all three of you.
Congrats to you both
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
some serious hooks right there. True limb hanger. Congrats
Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by: