Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-7-20
Had some hunter try to sneak in and busted one off the roost that I was setup on.  Gobbler sailed a mile off  Confused
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that!!

But I've been on both the giving and receiving end of that one. Both sides suck!!

Part of the public land hunting pitfalls, trials, and tribulations.
Thanks given by:
It wasn't public but I hear ya..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
That stinks
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2020, 08:31 PM)wvboy Wrote: It wasn't public but I hear ya..

Then that really sucks!!!

Unfortunately I don't have access to any private land. It seems there are more people than ever on the public. I assume covid has everyone looking for an excuse to get out and without the conflicting weekend activities they have time. Been a frustrating season thus far.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2020, 07:56 AM)buckmark 13 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 08:31 PM)wvboy Wrote: It wasn't public but I hear ya..

Then that really sucks!!!  

Unfortunately I don't have access to any private land. It seems there are more people than ever on the public. I assume covid has everyone looking for an excuse to get out and without the conflicting weekend activities they have time. Been a frustrating season thus far.

I scouted some public here in Central VA and found a gobbler a mile back in off the road.. figured I should give him a try and hunted there one day.. had two guys answer me from both sides every time I called.. I guess they thought I was the real thing IDK.. but I slipped out of there afraid of getting shot  Sad 

I hunt public a lot in WV, but it don't get near the pressure as around here.. but I swear most of my private spots here are just as bad as public this year.. maybe because of the Pandemic IDK.. running into guys all the time this year.. and turkeys getting hunted hard especially if they gobble a time or two and someone hears them ..
Thanks given by:
i returned to the spot where i missed the bird last week. i sat until almost sunset but nothing came in. about 1/2 hour before sunset, a bird flew up to roost about 60 yards behind me. it was a solo bird so i suspect it was a gobbler, probably the one i missed. i wanted to hunt him the next day but had already decided to go back to my honey hole instead. I'm tired and been hunting hard this challenging season. I felt i needed to get that third bird and be done, i wasn't positive the roosted bird was a tom, he wasn't interested in coming to my calls, and he was right on the property line with the neighbor's appealing field right on the other side of him. it was a 50/50 shot whether he'd fly down to me the next day, so i let him be and left him for another day.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by: