Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer feeder
Well since I can out stuff out all year at my spot in MD thought I would throw one of these together and see how it works out. Will keep the corn up a little from the goats.

My daughter and I threw it together in about 30 minutes. Worst part was fitting the piece in to keep the whole bottom from filling with corn and to allow drainage. I cut the bottom out of a plastic coffee can. It is inside right below the Y. Should work out pretty good. There are small holes into the plastic and then small holes in the bottom which I can screw off.

[Image: f6c7ea155a7e0af14b1d51aeda758ee1.jpg]

[Image: f84b837804d24fc5def467fc7c113ba3.jpg]
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
How do you keep the feed from getting wet?  Is there anything inside of the tube, or is it a clear pass thru?
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by:
There is a cap on the top where you fill it. If some rain gets in that opening it will drain out the bottom.

Thanks given by:
Alas- attractants had to be pulled in VA today
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Yeah but this is going up in MD. Food plot seed goes down and more minerals this weekend

Thanks given by:
Yeah, just wishing we could use that here. I also used to see folks in Texas make pig pipes, and in Germany they made drums that dispensed sour corn.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
I have seen pig pipes too

Thanks given by:
I pulled my feeders out last weekend. I guess I will repaint later down the road.  Brandon gave me the ideal.. not so much on the T one since he had issues but mine was always empty so it must worked.[Image: ce7cf1d1bb1801ec9ed8883cc0dc4fc5.jpg]

Nice work Thummy!!  

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Guess I will find out if it works or not. I had the straight pipe. Just needed to get the other parts and I think they cost like $15. I have enough other parts to make a second one. Just need a long section of pipe which the property owner has.

How long are your feeders Endless?

How did you strap them to the tree and how heavy was that long one when full?

I am going to drill holes and out I bolts though it with nuts on the end. Then use a ratchet strap.

Thanks given by:
I have to ask couldn't one feed deer without hunting the place , then remove the bait and hunt the X?

Huh LD  Angel
Thanks given by: