Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting While Kneeling
Do any of you guys practice from various positions like kneeling or sitting. I found yesterday that I shoot well with my recurve from the kneeling position. Never know what ya may have to shoot like while in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
While not with a bow but with a handgun I find the double kneeling to be very stable.

No matter what weapon it's important to shoot in field positions.

Www://baysidecustomgunworks.com
Thanks given by:
I agree one hundred percent
http://youtu.be/cJlETi7nQZc

Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 09:39 PM)rcw3d Wrote: Yep...and that is the beauty of a recurve, especially if you shoot instinctive. You can shoot from so many positions that you probably wouldn't consider with a compound. It is cool seeing you with the bug, I'm going to have to break out the trad bow this year as well.

I've got the bug bad haha! I don't think I've ever had a goal that is hunting related that I feel I need to work so hard to achieve than to want to take deer with this recurve next season. I'll be smiling ear to ear when I find the right set up and the arrows start flying nice.

Thanks given by:
You're doing well! Try holding your anchor for a bit longer, you're snap shooting. Also you're dropping your bow arm too soon. Hold it on target till the arrow hits the target. It's a problem I have to constantly pay attention to myself. It does make a huge difference.
Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps
Bows and backstraps

Many recurves and
1 Mathews Monster 6 - gen 1
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 08:01 PM)VA Bowbender Wrote: You're doing well! Try holding your anchor for a bit longer, you're snap shooting. Also you're dropping your bow arm too soon. Hold it on target till the arrow hits the target. It's a problem I have to constantly pay attention to myself. It does make a huge difference.
Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps

Well said...

make yourself hold longer, the ol' forearm will start shaking like mad... but in 2 weeks time you will see it start to calm down ALOT.. if you are like me, I can hold so steady with the compound, so it was wigg'n me out to shake like that.I started snap shooting to hide the shaking and my accuracy suffered big time.

Remember Tony, unlike us, you have youth on your side.....rolling
Retired Competition Shooter
2005, 2006, 2012 IBO Trophy World Champion
Virginia Bowhunters Assoc State Champion
Grim Reaper prostaff 10+ years

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the pointers I will definitely do that!

Thanks given by:
Tony I do not know anything about this club...Northern Virginia Archers. But I would bet there is a group there that are traditional archers. When I went over to tradition shooting I belonged to Blue Ridge Archers. The Hoffman's belonged too before they opened the shop. I learned an unbelievable amount from fellow members. You might want to look into it. I'd bet there are some on here that know more about them. http://www.novaarchers.org/index.html
Thanks given by:
Thanks oletimer! I'll check it out for sure!

Thanks given by: