Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walking/stalking
Anyone had luck hunting from the ground and walking in any of the WMAs in NoVA? I walked a lot around Thompson last fall and saw plenty of sign but no deer.

I've never hunted from a stand and would prefer to continue this practice but I'd also like to actually get some meat in the freezer this year.
Thanks given by:
Walking around WMAs stalking could be a dangerous undertaking.
Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison- Genesis 27:3
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2015, 02:31 PM)HokieHunter Wrote: Walking around WMAs stalking could be a dangerous undertaking.

Yeah...That AGREE
Thanks given by:
It's not impossible but your odds will increase if you scout, scout and scout, climb a tree and then wait.
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2015, 02:31 PM)HokieHunter Wrote: Walking around WMAs stalking could be a dangerous undertaking.

Yep....I think he'll be shocked at how many other hunters he'll be sharing the woods with.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go walking around. Scout deep. Get in early and then when all the morons that only like to walk 100 yards from their truck walk in or get up to leave at 9:30 it will run deer to you
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Words to live by!
Thanks given by:
I went out to Thompson probably 8 times last season and only saw I think 6 other people so I'm not too worried about the other hunters. I was just interested in whether or not people had a lot of luck with walking.
Thanks given by:
(08-21-2015, 09:50 PM)frankp Wrote: I went out to Thompson probably 8 times last season and only saw I think 6 other people so I'm not too worried about the other hunters.  I was just interested in whether or not people had a lot of luck with walking.

http://www.vahuntingforum.com/showthread...t=stalking

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by: