Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greentop employee shoots self
You know, weirdos. ..those of us that actively protect our rights, spend our own money and time to lobby the general assembly, promote events to put gun owners in a good light...all so know nothings can sit on the internet and take cheap shots.
Every year 5 or 600 of us weirdos get together at the Capitol on lobby day.
STRANGE BUNCH...HUH.

I[Image: img_5719.jpg?i=359385118]

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I've always been told I was a little weird. And that's all I have to say bout that.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retired Competition Shooter
2005, 2006, 2012 IBO Trophy World Champion
Virginia Bowhunters Assoc State Champion
Grim Reaper prostaff 10+ years

Thanks given by:
(10-23-2015, 04:37 AM)archerychic Wrote: T, I hate to tell you, but there is a very strong contingent of people here who believe in our constitutional right to open carry here in VA. I'm one of them, even though I've never been to an open carry gathering or Lobby. I would if my schedule allowed it though. I have carried with my firearm holstered and yes loaded, in public places, as well as concealed carry pretty much wherever I please within the law. It's my right to choose since I live in VA and also have CCP.

Like I stated, I am not against people who open carry their pistols. I just believe there is a smart way, and then a way that hurts the movement.

(10-23-2015, 04:37 AM)archerychic Wrote: I also don't consider myself to be a weirdo. I'm a working mom of two teenage boys and a wife. I'm about as boring and mundane as they come. I don't carry, openly or otherwise, to be perceived as a badass. I do carry to protect the people and things that are most important to me. I don't think that's weird at all.

And you are not who I am out calling a weirdo. There is a very specific set of people out there making responsible gun owners/people who carry look bad.

(10-23-2015, 04:37 AM)archerychic Wrote: Now, yes, there are people out there that are trying to use the open carry laws to make a statement. I disagree with their execution, but not with the statement they are attempting to make regardless of how misguided their tactics are, and I would defend them, as tactfully and rationally as possible. And so should you. While you may disagree with the practicality of carrying a long gun as your preferred firearm for self defense, you cannot argue that here in VA we have a right to do so. In those instances, those of us who believe we should defend our rights, lest they be further eroded, need to stick together and present the best image of ourselves possible. And when you disagree with someone, its better to listen first, that also provides good opportunity to formulate your response so that it has the most positive impact possible.

I am absolutely not against them exercising their right. I believe I have made that stated plenty of times, and in a well worded manner. But I believe absolutely that they shouldn't try to scare people in an America already on edge about guns, especially given that we're coming off the heels of a mass school shooting. I personally believe it is the wrong approach to the situation. And especially the bolded font. A group of respectful gun owners who are looking to educate, instead of intimidate and are one blowhorn away from people yelling "look at us" will do a world of good on the subject instead of making people feel off put.

(10-22-2015, 09:50 PM)67gt390fb Wrote: Or start another thread on the topic, no need to go pm. I'm sure Peter has plenty of weirdo pictures of myself and other weirdos eating bbq, or burgers, maybe even some Chinese or italian, also lots of us weirdos like me open carrying at the general assembly every year for lobby day. Do you even bother to show up to lobby your legislators to protect and expand those second amendment rights you are worried that open carry activists hurt. Complaining that someone else is hurting your rights while sitting on the sidelines is ridiculous.

What kind of BBQ? This is important. And again, it's the average gun owner who I am not referencing. I believe that most people, the ones you do not see because they're not flaunting the fact that they own a gun are doing "it" the right way. Secondly, I have not been to those as I only have one gun owner friend so I never see people I know talking about them. No one is actively promoting "hey, this is happening on this day" so it goes by missed, and chances are, due to my unfortunate work schedule I would be unable to attend.

(10-23-2015, 09:11 AM)peternap Wrote: You know, weirdos. ..those of us that actively protect our rights, spend our own money and time to lobby the general assembly, promote events to put gun owners in a good light...all so know nothings can sit on the internet and take cheap shots.
Every year 5 or 600 of us weirdos get together at the Capitol on lobby day.
STRANGE BUNCH...HUH.

That is an egregious misinterpretation of what I've previously said. I've made it perfectly clear that there are those out there among people who open carry doing it for shock/intimidation factor. Those are who I am calling a weirdos. Those who do it in a respectful way are not the problem. Secondly, I haven't once taken a cheap shot at you, and I expect the same courtesy, especially when you indirectly insult me.
Thanks given by:
Indirect hell. I was aimed dead center and what you said was perfectly clear. There was no room for interpertation.
If your going to insult people at least be man enough to own it.
Now why don't we just drop it. This isn't the place.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2015, 09:11 AM)Rbluefishnc Wrote: Yikes.... I was in there Saturday AM to buy a hand gun.  Chesterfield County Police officer was at the door with the Green Top employee checking firearms in and out when I was there from 8:30 or so till 9:30.

While this is not the point of this topic, Hanover County Sheriff's Office has jurisdiction b/c Greentop is located in Hanover County. They also allow the deputies to work off-duty at the store just like any other off duty job. The investigation will be conducted and a determination made as to the details of the incident. There are no "rent-a-cops" that work there.
Thanks given by:
So you're saying this was a trained cop who shot himself/someone else by mishandling a loaded weapon?! That doesn't make the story better.
Thanks given by:
Yes it was and no it doesnt.

Thanks given by:
I also get confused on this topic on what really happened.
I’m a firm believer in OC and appreciate those that do the work for us all (thank you) but if I read correct peternap was umm pushed when taking pics at GT and now is contemplating suing?

Having been to GT for years I have seen Cops and what appears to be "Rent-a-cops" at the door especially on weekends. If these are Hanover County's finest well God help them!

It’s also very bothersome to me that someone else is handling another’s weapon! Safety breach # 2. # 1 being treat every gun as a loaded one.

T- I think I understand the type of weirdos your referring too and I believe AC is right on target.
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
Thanks B4M...When we start bickering amongst ourselves it gives footing to the anti-gun weirdoes (and yeah they are the real weirdoes in my book... I mean, how can you not like guns and everything about them??? They are awesome fun!!)

Oh and by the way... I don't think I'm a weirdo, but I've been told I'm a total badass. The jury is still out on which one is more accurate... Angel

Side note... I just discovered that the correct spelling for the plural of weirdo is WEIRDOES. Who knew? rolling

Founder and President of Bad Kitty Archery

Life is tough, get a helmet...
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2015, 07:41 AM)BOW4UM Wrote: I also get confused on this topic on what really happened.
I’m a firm believer in OC and appreciate those that do the work for us all (thank you) but if I read correct peternap was umm pushed when taking pics at GT and now is contemplating suing?

Having been to GT for years I have seen Cops and what appears to be "Rent-a-cops" at the door especially on weekends. If these are Hanover County's finest well God help them!

It’s also very bothersome to me that someone else is handling another’s weapon! Safety breach # 2. # 1 being treat every gun as a loaded one.

T- I think I understand the type of weirdos your referring too and I believe AC is right on target.

The fellow that brought the loaded gun in is having his friends do damage control.

This is what is being said
Allow me to clarify - the person who was shot is a friend of mine.

1. - Yes, the owner went in with rounds in the rifle. The officer took the rifle and cycled the lever, thus loading a round into the chamber that had previously been empty. 

2. - The owner of the rifle was explaining to the officer (who was apparently unfamiliar with lever action rifles) how to unload the lever action gun and pulled the feed tube out to allow the rounds to pour out into his (owners) hand. In hindsight, he agrees that putting his hand at the end of the muzzle and catching the rounds was not the best idea.

3. - When the officer tried to angle the rifle stock higher to dump the remaining rounds, he (the officer) pulled the trigger. The gun did not "go off" - it was fired by the officer who had his finger on the trigger when it should not have been there.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions of what happened. This information came to me via the gun owner who was shot in the hand by the officer. I'd say he had a better vantage point than any other witness there.

Thanks given by: