Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGIF admits there's a dog problem
Sorry to hear that too cut. It's pretty simple though keep em on your property and hunt all you want. Run them where you please and lose the privilage.
A few years ago I charged one with trespassing and got a conviction. He told the judge he was going to sell his dogs and just quit hunting.....the judge looked at him and said...that's fine with me.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
Explain your ideas to the dogs! Or maybe teach them too understand what the posted signs mean..... Maybe even go with the idea of telling the deer not to leave the dog owners property rolling rolling
Share your passion, that a kid hunting!
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2015, 04:17 AM)cut_un Wrote: Explain your ideas to the dogs! Or maybe teach them too understand what the posted signs mean..... Maybe even go with the idea of telling the deer not to leave the dog owners property rolling rolling

No...I'll continue to explain them to the General Assembly and the courts.
Maybe they can write the final orders in crayon . Enjoy that rocker rolling rolling

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
(10-15-2015, 04:25 PM)peternap Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 04:15 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Interesting.... what's the Florida model look like?

Permits, clubs held responsible for intrusions on private land, permit revoked after 3 violation...that type of thing.

I think it is going to be a hard sell to change the dog hunting policies in VA. with the money off of taxes and the lobbyist it's gong to be a long road to get change.
Thanks given by:
(11-29-2015, 05:56 PM)fl29cracker Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 04:25 PM)peternap Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 04:15 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Interesting.... what's the Florida model look like?

Permits, clubs held responsible for intrusions on private land, permit revoked after 3 violation...that type of thing.

I think it is going to be a hard sell to change the dog hunting policies in VA. with the money off of taxes and the lobbyist it's gong to be a long road to get change.
Not at all. The money end is a joke. They no more support the economy than the man in the moon. Lobbyests...Kirby Burch....another joke. One day I was talking to a senator and mentioned Kirby's agenda. He said anything involving Kirby was setting the bar pretty low.
Now the opposition actually owns land, has money and has professional lobbyests...plus every non hunting property owner in the country is sick of the crap from doggers.
The sport is on borrowed time.

Thanks given by:
I do admit ... Some,a few and maybe many do wish to speak out against Dog hunting in Va. but but.... Not everyone is against the practice, hunters, and landowners alike! Will something be done in the next few years... I think so! Just hope something that benefits both sides can come out of it!
Thanks given by:
I do admit ... Some,a few and maybe many do wish to speak out against Dog hunting in Va. but but.... Not everyone is against the practice, hunters, and landowners alike! Will something be done in the next few years... I think so! Just hope something that benefits both sides can come out of it!
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 06:56 AM)cut_un Wrote: I do admit ... Some,a few and maybe many do wish to speak out against Dog hunting in Va. but but.... Not everyone is against the practice, hunters, and landowners alike! Will something be done in the next few years... I think so! Just hope something that benefits both sides can come out of it!

Dog hunters are their own worst enemy. Instead of admitting that the majority are a problem and trying to fix it, they make excuses, come up with the sky is falling scenerios. ...I had one tell me yesterday that if dog hunting goes, so will gun rights......and refusing to keep dogs off of posted property.
Kinda hard to nail your own coffin shut but the dog hunters are doing it.

I expect they'll be at the DGIF meeting and I'll film them making fools out of themselves. I really hope one uses the we are the economy, routine.

Thanks given by:
I do not think the "majority" is the problem ....... I do think that the "minority" is the problem. Being it's a sport that is very visible to the public, and the "minority" are causing these problems, it sends a negative message across the board. With social media, the "minority" get the air time, which then sends a negative message to all viewers. This results in more ammunition for those who want to abolish, or limit the sport.
Bottom line ...... the minorities, are the ones exploiting the wrong doings. And social media is the avenue to fuel the fire of the wrong doings of these "bad apples", while tarnishing the good guys.
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2015, 11:40 AM)BAY BEAGLE Wrote: I do not think the "majority" is the problem ....... I do think that the "minority" is the problem.  Being it's a sport that is very visible to the public, and the "minority" are causing these problems, it sends a negative message across the board.   With social media, the "minority" get the air time, which then sends a negative message to all viewers.  This results in more ammunition for those who want to abolish, or limit the sport.
Bottom line ...... the minorities, are the ones exploiting the wrong doings.  And social media is the avenue to fuel the fire of the wrong doings of these "bad apples", while tarnishing the good guys.

Let me reword that Bay....the loud minority.  
The problem is the good ones never get heard from.

Thanks given by: