Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying to stay positive..
Well, today i called the next door neighbor of the property i hunt. he also has permission to hunt the land and i wanted to let him know i'll be hunting the land this weekend. I'd be seeing a big 8 on my trailcam, have picts of him in velvet, and recently even have video of him making a scrape. i was excited for this coming saturday--my first day in the woods looking for him. to my dismay, the neighbor told me that he had just this past weekend shot a big 8 or 10 pointer right before dark. he found a good blood trail but was unsuccessful in finding the deer. i'm sickened to think the big one i was watching is now out of the equation. i guess that's hunting though. so many variables and unknowns. maybe it was a different deer, maybe it was just a flesh wound and he's still living, maybe he'll not have gone nocturnal or left the area... i'm trying to stay positive but it's a challenge right now. grrrr!
Thanks given by:
I hear you. It is tough. Hopefully the one you are after is still around.

I had to pass a really nice 8 a couple years ago. Later I got pictures from the property owner of the skull and rack. It was found by a neighbor. Tony sent me pictures of it that the owner of his property had gotten also. We have no idea how it died.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Or maybe if it was him you have a giant hole in the territory that lets a couple bigger bucks come :-) WAY early still to get negative. If this was December 20th or so I'd be with you on negativity. Right now its possibilities my man....
Thanks given by:
thanks fellas.
Thanks given by:
Stay positive man... it's too hard to tell and there could easily be a bigger and better visiting buck cruising on thru your neck of the woods! Ya just never know out there man, it's why I love hunting!

Thanks given by:
That just means you are going to kill a bigger buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
just getting sucked into the highs and lows of hunting already and haven't even gotten to step into the woods yet. #thehuntinglife #donotcountyourchickensbeforetheyhatch #plentyoffishinthesea
Thanks given by:
#firstworldproblems

Thanks given by:
(11-01-2016, 01:20 PM)Thummy Wrote: I hear you. It is tough. Hopefully the one you are after is still around.

I had to pass a really nice 8 a couple years ago. Later I got pictures from the property owner of the skull and rack. It was found by a neighbor. Tony sent me pictures of it that the owner of his property had gotten also. We have no idea how it died.

Man it's really funny you mention that Thummy. Rick talked to the lady that lives there recently, her husband being the one that "found" that. He actually had shot that buck, he was hunting there and apparently has done really well from their back yard throughout the years. He has since passed away and the lady has given me permission, I just need to meet her in person. Don't think it's too far down the creek bottom from you. Makes sense that he would've be seeing that buck too.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2016, 04:03 PM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: #firstworldproblems

good perspective! humbling reminder. thank you.
Thanks given by: