Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An offer to the board
Time to get ready for the rifle or shotgun season.

If anyone wants to try their hand at casting, I'll be happy to loan you the following molds .

405 grain mold for 45/70 shooters.

Wasp Waisted, hollow base 12 ga slug.

Handles included.

If you need them a small pot and ladle also.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
I would like to borrow that 45/70 mold,guess I need to steal some wheel weights from work now
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2013, 07:03 PM)yancey tucker Wrote: I would like to borrow that 45/70 mold,guess I need to steal some wheel weights from work now

PM me and we'll make arrangements to get it to you.

Let me play safety engineer and hit the high spots. This is something I don't fool around with.

Gloves and eye protection are a must, a face shield would be better.

Water is not your friend. If you get even a drop of water in the pot after the lead melts, it will go to the bottom, form a steam envelope and you WILL GET A VISIT FROM THE TINSEL FAIRY. That's bad!

You can set things on fire so watch where you do this. Lead melts at about 550 F so you can use a hot plate to melt it.

You will throw spru and bad bullets back in the pot. Watch the splash.

Otherwise....common sense.

[Image: zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif]Ride hard, shoot straight, enjoy today. Tomorrow may not come.
Thanks given by:
That is mighty nice of you sir.
Thanks given by:
Man that is great. Yet another reason why I like this place so much
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2013, 07:58 PM)Brandon Wrote: That is mighty nice of you sir.

Not really Brandon. I see a lot of potential in this board and it has all the earmarks of the sites that have become the strongest.

Ways to attract good members are to have something for everyone, strong but fair rules and a friendly community that people want to come to but trolls avoid.

I'd like to see more interest in handloading and bullet making.

Chris has gone overboard with his generosity. It won't hurt me to do a small amount too.

Thanks given by:
I need to meet you one day, Peter. U are one of the coolest guys on the forum....second only to me.
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2013, 08:10 PM)peternap Wrote:
(08-26-2013, 07:58 PM)Brandon Wrote: That is mighty nice of you sir.

Not really Brandon. I see a lot of potential in this board and it has all the earmarks of the sites that have become the strongest.

Ways to attract good members are to have something for everyone, strong but fair rules and a friendly community that people want to come to but trolls avoid.

I'd like to see more interest in handloading and bullet making.

Chris has gone overboard with his generosity. It won't hurt me to do a small amount too.

I can tell you that my interest in handloading has skyrocketed since you surfaced Smile
Thanks given by:
mine too, i just wish i had a better/dedicated place at the house to sit and do this stuff
Thanks given by: