Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting two species
Tomorrow because of less traffic (me by myself) on my club land, I️ am thinking of stalking along some bottoms along cutovers looking for deer in the afternoon after a ground blind sit in the AM. Mix it up and get in the woods a little bit.

May I️ carry my 22LR slung on my back for squirrels along with me while carrying my Muzzleloader for deer?

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
just my 2 cents: Your going to see squirrels, and plenty of them - is it worth bogeying up the woods shooting a squirrel, when the king of the woods is out and about, and HIS guard is down seeking for love. Squirrel season is a long season -

to answer Your question - https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wp-content...nances.pdf

Thanks given by:
Due to a commitment I️ can’t shoot a deer after around 3 Pm tomorrow. So I️ was thinking about packing up my ground blind and stalking a bottom after lunch time. I would hate to start that stalk with a squirrel rifle only and the buck of a lifetime jumps out of the bushes.
Thanks given by:
Get a nice 12 gauge and load up with slugs for that deer and shot for the squirrels!  

Make the shot non-toxic and you could even bring your waterfowl permits!

Is there such a thing as a non-toxic slug?  Only ask because the law for waterfowl reads that you may not have any lead ammo on your person I think.  Would a Tungsten slug take down a deer?
Thanks given by:
(11-14-2017, 12:20 PM)BillHoo Wrote: Get a nice 12 gauge and load up with slugs for that deer and shot for the squirrels!  

Make the shot non-toxic and you could even bring your waterfowl permits!

Is there such a thing as a non-toxic slug?  Only ask because the law for waterfowl reads that you may not have any lead ammo on your person I think.  Would a Tungsten slug take down a deer?
Yes there are non-toxic slugs. There are about 5 different copper slugs out right now...market will shift and start to offer more in the next year or two
Thanks given by:
Yes there are non-toxic slugs. There are about 5 different copper slugs out right now...market will shift and start to offer more in the next year or two
[/quote]

You can thank Commiefornia for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2017, 11:22 AM)Doc7 Wrote: Tomorrow because of less traffic (me by myself) on my club land, I️ am thinking of stalking along some bottoms along cutovers looking for deer in the afternoon after a ground blind sit in the AM. Mix it up and get in the woods a little bit.

May I️ carry my 22LR slung on my back for squirrels along with me while carrying my Muzzleloader for deer?

Thank you!

Nope.  See the Muzzleloader Regs: 
Thanks given by: