Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun safe input
In the market for a new gun safe y'all.  I have yet to even do my first google search.  Wanted some input from you guys on where to start looking.

Obviously looking for something rock solid, with a good warranty.  Got about 15 rifles/guns, ton of ammo, and other valuables.  So something big enough for that.

Looking in the $800 - $1500 dollar range and I having it delivered would be a plus.  Would love for it to be closer to the lower range, but willing to fork up some more cash for that lifetime safe. 

Thanks in advance

Thanks given by:
decide how big you want it to be then double it.......you will still run out of room, just not as soon. Dances Sporting goods has a good selection and are reasonable priced.
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2018, 08:33 AM)dwhipper61 Wrote: decide how big you want it to be then double it.......you will still run out of room, just not as soon.  Dances Sporting goods has a good selection and are reasonable priced.

this AGREE Yeah...That

also make sure you bolt it down.

also go with a dial lock not as convenient but they are generally well made vs very cheap electronic components in a digital.

and realize it is not a safe just a big locking cabinet but better than nothing.
Thanks given by:

Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the input fellas. I am leery of the digital lock/unlock ones.

Thanks given by:
(02-08-2018, 08:16 AM)Bucksnort32 Wrote: Thanks for the input fellas.  I am leery of the digital lock/unlock ones.

yes get a dial lock then at least a locksmith can work on it if all else fails
Thanks given by:
Not much fire protection for $ 800 ." Rock solid" would be a Liberty. ( you'll need more than $ 1500 , a lot more)
Thanks given by:
When I bought mine a few years ago, I checked into getting it delivered and found out delivery would be about the same price of the safe.  It seems that some sporting goods stores (like Dick's in this case) contract out the delivery to a real safe dealer who is bonded and insured.  That might not be the case all the time or everywhere but it was when/where I bought mine.  That really does make sense when you think about the delivery people would have access to keys/combination, know the exact location and could make an educated guess what you might be putting into it based on the size of the safe.
Thanks given by:
I recommend a Liberty Safe (great warranty and made in USA.)

You can purchase them at Lowe’s (no interest on their card with select purchases) and have them delivered.

They will drop off in your driveway. So you still have to recruit several buddies to get the safe in place within your home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
IF YOU go liberty buy direct from the liberty store they have professional movers that are built into the price. but even liberty is just a big locking cabinet as a huge top end liberty lincoln grade is only around 5-6k which is where tiny real safes start. plus the fire protection is just as the video says layers of sheet rock. in a real house fire you stuff is cooked doesnt matter if its a 5000 dollar liberty or a 1200 dollar stack on. same thing with level of protection they will all stop the smash and grab guys but I bought a storage locker one time and was into a good high grade gold level browning safe in under 30 minutes with a chop saw and it took that long becasue i was taking my time. so in a rush not caring about potential damage to contents it would have taken much less time.
Thanks given by: