Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida DNR aggressively eliminating iguanas
"Blunt force trauma" is the primary method being used to cull this invasive, non-native species.
[Image: 1520839492095.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
Fox News Story here
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
In a FB group I'm in a guy posted kills of a bunch of them they took out somewhere with an air rifle. Lots of places in or near Florida have a huge problem with them.
Thanks given by:
Air gunners travel to Puerto Rico to hunt them. I would love to get in on that action with my .357 Bulldog.
Thanks given by:
Hunters for the hungry? Never tried iguana meat. Not gonna knock it till then
Folgers field tester, Quilted Northern Prostaff
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2018, 01:01 PM)BiggBirdd Wrote: In a FB group I'm in a guy posted kills of a bunch of them they took out somewhere with an air rifle. Lots of places in or near Florida have a huge problem with them.

I think I saw the same article.  Guys were skinning them out.  I think the one said something about ending the day with some nice skins and like 50 pounds of meat.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2018, 08:57 PM)Squid Wrote: Air gunners travel to Puerto Rico to hunt them.  I would love to get in on that action with my .357 Bulldog.

Heck yeah man! Even the .25 mrod would be a stone cold killer.
Thanks given by:
I've eaten iguana...it's good stuff. Kind of like gator. Used to kill a bunch every year when we would go fishing down in the glades. A slingshot and small ball bearings were my weapon of choice.
Thanks given by:
I would also imagine the skins would fetch some money. Maybe I need to get a few more when I go back home next time and get a new pair of turd kickers made from the leather.
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2018, 11:05 AM)Brandon Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 08:57 PM)Squid Wrote: Air gunners travel to Puerto Rico to hunt them.  I would love to get in on that action with my .357 Bulldog.

Heck yeah man! Even the .25 mrod would be a stone cold killer.

I got the bigger tank on the .22 Gauntlet. Should get over 100 shots per fill now.
Thanks given by:
Now I finally see a use for those slingbows
Folgers field tester, Quilted Northern Prostaff
Thanks given by: