Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout stocking starts tomorrow!
I just sketched out an overhead topography of the lake.

The steep drop-off area outlined in green is currently dry, cracked dirt.  You can walk on it without boots.

The top third of the Deep Water Areas is currently a shallow that is maybe 1 to 2.5 feet deep.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
Finally!  They just stocked Cook Lake in Alexandria.  I'll be going there tomorrow morning before work.
Thanks given by:
I slept a little later than expected and got there at 6:30 AM.

Fished for about an hour without success using powerbait.

Saw a few guys who had limited out (4 per person for Urban stocking waters program in Virginia).  they said that only brown trout were stocked this time around.

I switched to a black and silver spinner and limited out in 30 minutes.  Packed up to head to work by 8AM.

First fish was a nice 14 inch brown trout.  The rest were 11, 11 and 12.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
I caught a nice little rainbow in Madison today on the Robinson River about 1/2 mile above where the Robinson and Rose Rivers converge. I started out in a local pond and after 45 minutes had caught a bluegill, bass, and crappie. I didn’t keep any but I was started to feel lucky so I headed out to fly fish at about 3. I used a bumble bee dry fly and this or another fish took three or four swipes at the fly before it took it for keeps on like my tenth cast. I was only at my spot like 30 minutes, including getting the pole and fly ready, before I had dinner in the bag and went home to grill it.
[Image: 4e6b64765fc68f3253ef0a1a85bb849f.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I stopped trout fishing once they stopped announcing where they stocked to encourage quarantine and social distancing.

No use going out to fish where there are not fish known to be.
Thanks given by: