Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field snacks
What do people like to bring when hunting.

I like to bring apple juice and PB&J sandwiches for when deer hunting.  Figure it might work as passive deer attractant.

If I have time going out to the field it's usually a quick McD stop for coffee and a breakfast sandwich.  If I exit the field, I go to the Sumerduck Trading Post, or BBQ Country for lunch, Moo Thru, Sheetz of Calhoun's Ham House for a chicken salad sandwich, or their country ham on white.
Thanks given by:
I generally just do protein bars at this point. Fast and easy and keeps my energy up for a full day hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
I like to eat a chick fil a chicken burrito and coffee for breakfast and pack cheese sticks and a peanut butter sandwich for snacking while in the stand.
Thanks given by:
Usually bring jerky or some power bars. I dont like the noise that the wrappers make, so a slim jim or home made jerky usually is my go to.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
(10-15-2019, 09:46 AM)BillHoo Wrote: What do people like to bring when hunting.

I like to bring apple juice and PB&J sandwiches for when deer hunting.  Figure it might work as passive deer attractant.

If I have time going out to the field it's usually a quick McD stop for coffee and a breakfast sandwich.  If I exit the field, I go to the Sumerduck Trading Post, or BBQ Country for lunch, Moo Thru, Sheetz of Calhoun's Ham House for a chicken salad sandwich, or their country ham on white.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Sumerduck Trading Post is closed. 
It was a nice quaint little place with good food and friendly people.

Sumerduck Trading Company
May 31 ·
I want to thank all my customers, vendors, and friends who have supported the store for almost 35 years. As you know it has been for sale and has not sold. At this point I cannot even staff it enough to carry on. It is with much sadness that I am announcing that Sumerduck Trading Co. is closing. I plan to be open a few more weeks as I sell down the inventory. I'll let everyone know more as I see how it goes.

Oh and I rarely eat while hunting.   I guess once in a while I'll have and apple or granola bar with a water in the car if I change spots midday.

Mitch
Thanks given by:
I like those adult mozzarella sticks, the ones wrapped in prosciutto or salami or pepperoni with some good crackers thrown in a ziploc bag, that and some hershey special dark w/ almonds nuggets for desert. make an all day sit doable.

[Image: shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdcLKmUcd6hk-snUjFt...A&usqp=CAc]
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2019, 08:52 AM)Tomitch Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:46 AM)BillHoo Wrote: What do people like to bring when hunting.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Sumerduck Trading Post is closed. 
It was a nice quaint little place with good food and friendly people.

Sumerduck Trading Company
May 31 ·
I want to thank all my customers, vendors, and friends who have supported the store for almost 35 years. As you know it has been for sale and has not sold. At this point I cannot even staff it enough to carry on. It is with much sadness that I am announcing that Sumerduck Trading Co. is closing. I plan to be open a few more weeks as I sell down the inventory. I'll let everyone know more as I see how it goes.

Oh and I rarely eat while hunting.   I guess once in a while I'll have and apple or granola bar with a water in the car if I change spots midday.

Mitch

Thanks for the info!  Sorry to see the place go.  I used to chat up the locals on what was being shot at any given time.

I was the first to review it on Yelp!

If I lived closer, I woulda thought to buy the place and make a BBQ shack there as a retirement job.
Thanks given by:
Protein bar only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
I typically don't eat in the stand. If I do it is a breakfast bar.
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by: