Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not just ticks giving you the meat allergy.
So evidently chiggers can give it to you also.

http://www.yalescientific.org/2019/01/ch...t-allergy/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
gotta love some DEET
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Been avoiding DEET since I was training in the field after slathering on a gallon of the stuff. Had my swiss army knife in my hand and realized my finger prints had melted into the handle. Figure it can't be good.

I'll still use it, but not in the amounts I used to.

I've had decent results treating uniforms and clothes with Permethrin.
Thanks given by:
Permethrin is the best. I get the concentrate at Tractor supply and mix my own up. Super cheap and effective.
Thanks given by:
we used to soak all of our ACU/DBDU in permethrin before we went to Iraq. I never had a problem with sand fleas or anything that bit while I was in the uniform.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
I feel this is nothing new. Deer are nasty critters living with some tough crap. When I’m dressing one out and see anything unusual its instant garbage. Most of mine are donated or dog food anyway.

Just hang a deer up in cold for a few days thats killed in thick nasty woods and just see the bugs fall off them into your tarp. Its nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
(10-27-2019, 10:14 PM)HeidelbergJaeger Wrote: we used to soak all of our ACU/DBDU in permethrin before we went to Iraq. I never had a problem with sand fleas or anything that bit while I was in the uniform.

Some guys claimed it burned their skin if they put the uniform on after it had been treated and dried.

Since the military grade stuff was good for, I think... 52 washes.  I treated, let it dry, then washed it once and never had any problems with it.

I have some of the commercial stuff and the label says it's only good for 6 washes.  Good enough to treat once or twice for a hunting season.
Thanks given by:
(10-28-2019, 07:11 AM)BOW4UM Wrote: I feel this is nothing new. Deer are nasty critters living with some tough crap. When I’m dressing one out and see anything unusual its instant garbage. Most of mine are donated or dog food anyway.

Just hang a deer up in cold for a few days thats killed in thick nasty woods and just see the bugs fall off them into your tarp. Its nasty.

I hear the trick for a freshly killed rabbit is to hang it fore a few minutes on a bush or tree limb before putting it into your game bag.  Gives the fleas a chance to hop off onto the snow or mud.

Never had a chance to find that out as I've never seen a rabbit when I've been hunting for them!
Thanks given by:
BillHoo, I think once the blood stops flowing the ticks... just go away and fall off! Sounds like you need better rabbit hunting partners!!! Lol

Big Bucks are easy - Thats why I shoot little ones!
Thanks given by:
Last thing I want to hear, I have had multiple cases of chiggars here in the last few years

Thanks given by: