Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No squirrels today
Went to my usual squirrel hole before sunrise t o day.

Set up a chair blind and dozed a bit.

Strangely nothing stirring.  Called it quits around 9 am.

Usual l y lots of greys in this spot rooting for hickory.

Come to think of it... I did not see any hickory underfoot this time around.

Also was really windy.  Maybe animals just snuggled away due to wind.  Woulda thought they would come out to warm up in the sun.
Thanks given by:
I had promised the guys at work that I would be bringing squirrel and dumplings for the company potluck this week. Kind of hard to do if I can't get a squirrel or two.

I guess I'll just have to make rabbit and dumplings, with a locally procured domestic rabbit... here's one I found on Freecycle. Bun bun needs a new home. We're moving to a place that doesn't allow rabbits. Free to a loving family...
Thanks given by:
Hahahahahaha that's too funny.

I got lots of squirrels by me just need to get a pellet gun to put a few down. It's getting super annoying with them all running around the tree
Thanks given by:
it always amazes me how squirrels are all out at the same time or all nested at the same time.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Yea, I've read that wind can keep critters nested, even with bright sunshine. Apparently they are sensitive to "wind chill" as well.

Heard dogs baying, followed by 9 shotgun blasts in quick succession. Someone out there is a sucky shot!
Thanks given by: