Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida Rabbit hunting on Sugar Plantations
Video 
Interesting way of doing it.  

This short film is more of a cultural documentary than a hunting DIY.

Still fascinating to watch as children wait about 10 to 15 feet ahead burning sugar cane fields, or a moving sugar cane harvester as rabbits flee for their lives.  They are given chase by the kids who run them down and beat them with stalks of sugar cane.

Wonder what rabbit that has subsisted on sugar cane stalks tastes like?

Thanks given by:
that'd be a lot more fun with a shotgun instead.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
I was thinking the same thing!  I'd walk alongside the combine and snap shoot as the rabbits dart out.

Probably best to do if they are harvesting on a school day.  Wouldn't want to shoot with kids running around, or to deprive a family of meat.

Here's another one where they say they recruit football quarterbacks from a particular town in Florida because the players grew up chasing rabbits and got to be nimble in the florida heat from it!
https://youtu.be/_R_0FryVRNk

Kinda like the first Rocky movie where he had to chase a chicken.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2019, 09:05 AM)BillHoo Wrote: I was thinking the same thing!  I'd walk alongside the combine and snap shoot as the rabbits dart out.

Probably best to do if they are harvesting on a school day.  Wouldn't want to shoot with kids running around, or to deprive a family of meat.

Here's another one where they say they recruit football quarterbacks from a particular town in Florida because the players grew up chasing rabbits and got to be nimble in the florida heat from it!
https://youtu.be/_R_0FryVRNk

Kinda like the first Rocky movie where he had to chase a chicken.

or there is Dexter Manley's not so popular take

Thanks given by:
Eh... Yea... He can say that! The other sportscaster can't! Smile
Thanks given by: