Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New slug gun for deer
I have been looking for another 11-87 to set up with a cantilever barrel for deer hunting. Got an email from 67GT with a flier from Greentop that they had a used one on sale. Got what I think is a great deal on it. When I got it home I cleaned it up but it didn’t really need much.

Got a Vortex Venom red dot for it. I had messaged Vortex to make sure the mount would work with the cantilever barrel. They said it would. When I got home it didn’t. I emailed and they responded and said I needed the Viper mount and they sent it right out.

All set now.

[Image: 9f20eb95c50620c000a6d682d8476d6c.jpg][Image: 105fbb312dc96106f54ebfbb0735593e.jpg][Image: 682a5f9980e4bdccbcc292ddf90e5f78.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Should be fun getting it ready for the season
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I need to get a bore sight for it so I can save on ammo

Thanks given by:
You can bore sight it by eye and get it pretty close, at least on paper by doing the following:"

Remove the barrel from the receiver.

Place the barrel on the sand bag or gun vise or whatever you have that will hold it rock solid.

Then look through the barrel and get something centered in the barrel. This can be anything but pick an object at a distance, say 50 yards or so. The object can be anything. It can be the tire on your truck or a knot on a log or anything.

Then without moving the barrel adjust your optic to the object you centered in the barrel.

If done correctly, your optic and barrel should both be pointing at the same object.

I will usually have to repeat this procedure several times to get both the optic and the barrel pointing at the same object because I always manage to move the barrell while making my adjustments to the optic. This will certainly get you on paper at short range, say 25 yards or so. Then you can zero as you wish from there.

Hope this helps. Joe can explain this to you if I'm not explaining myself clearly. He has seen me do this before I believe.

Glenn
Thanks given by:
It looks good. I know you are a fan of the Remington semi auto shotguns. I'm glad you found what you wanted.
Thanks given by:
nice set up!
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Squid. Yeah I liked the one I set up for turkey hunting.

Carcass thanks. Can’t wait too shoot it.

GNC thanks for that advice. Never would have thought about that. Makes sense since the red dot it attached to the barrel so it all comes off the gun in one piece. It make it perfect sense.

Thanks given by:
Thummy,
Take off the barrel.
Pop the primers out of a spent 12ga shell and a spent 20ga shell.
Put the 12 in the breech end and the 20 in the barrel end.
Now you have a smaller reference than a 12ga bore.
Set the barrel up on a vice or something else to hold it steady.
Depending what you want your zero to be... visually bore sight at 25 for 100yd zero or 50 for a 50yrd zero..
Thanks given by:
Oops it might be a 16ga shell vice the 20ga

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: