Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CVA Mountain rifle and CVA Bobcat
(08-11-2020, 09:02 PM)I Thummy Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 09:29 AM)Enrgizerbunny Wrote: I purchased Pyrodex RS and shot it yesterday with 50gr and a 295 gr powerbelt projectile. Using No. 11 primers. Read an ancient post on a forum that a guy was shooting 2" groups @100yds with that powder/projectile combo.

I have never heard a single good thing about Powerbelts when they hit a deer. Just saying be careful. I wouldn’t use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On the muzzleloading forum there is mixed reports. But that's the same for patched round balls too. If the gun likes them, We'll see.
Thanks given by:
What are options on good conical bullets out there? In some ways I'd prefer to stay away from sabots for the moment just to keep it simple a err on the side of big bullet. Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm shooting Pyrodex RF loose powder no more than 100gr, probably 80-90gr depending.
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2020, 05:46 PM)Enrgizerbunny Wrote: What are options on good conical bullets out there? In some ways I'd prefer to stay away from sabots for the moment just to keep it simple a err on the side of big bullet. Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm shooting Pyrodex RF loose powder no more than 100gr, probably 80-90gr depending.

check out thor bullets, some states like CO do not allow sabots so this guy at Thor has Barnes make full bore bullets, he has a few diameters in a "test kit" so you determine which bullet fits your particular gun the best then order that diameter. try it out. forum member GNC may have one of the test kits or at least be able to explain it better
Thanks given by: