Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Deer Season
Hey! Whats up ya'll? Whats good?!

Just wanted to drop in and see if anybody else is getting amped up for this deer season as much as I am? 

Hope everybody is having a great summer! 

- B
Thanks given by:
Just reached out to property owners to confirm I am good to hunt their land again this year. Hoping AP Hill opens back up. Also still waiting on my euro mount from last seasons buck, that will really get me pumped up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Got a new stand hung at one spot. Need to get over to another property but land owner is quarantining pretty hard so that has made it tough. Also need to get out to the winery I can hunt and figure some more out over there.

It is about time to start going through all my gear to figure out what I need to replace and to organize everything that was kind of thrown at the end of last season.

Also need to get the bow out and start shooting again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Seeing many less deer this year than normal. Usually covered up with them in the summer, this year I only have 2 that I see regularly. Oddly, seeing plenty of rabbits, usually scarce around here. Henry Co.
Thanks given by:
I've started summer scouting on public land, and looking at perennial food crops for some private land. Think I've found blackberries that are capable of producing into bow season, but we will see.
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2020, 03:06 PM)greg64 Wrote: Seeing many less deer this year than normal. Usually covered up with them in the summer, this year I only have 2 that I see regularly. Oddly, seeing plenty of rabbits, usually scarce around here. Henry Co.

I've been seeing them at weird times, like a doe browsing the side of Rte 60 in Powhatan at 2 in the afternoon.
Thanks given by:
I put a new string and scope on my crossbow and I’ve been practicing. I have some hunting days planned in September in Fairfax.

On the deer sign post above, I’m seeing plenty of does on my little 10 acres in Madison County, but what I’m not seeing very much of is fawns. By this point I usually see them feeding in my field with the does and I haven’t seen any yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
Normally this time of year I'll have a group of 5-6 bachelor bucks and 4-5 does with fawns that come through fairly regularly. This year I have 2 bucks every other day or so, much more skittish than usual. My neighbor has been seeing 2 does, only 1 with a fawn. More rabbits and squirrels than usual. Haven't seen or heard coyotes since last summer. Odd year all around.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting the fever more and more each day. I'm so looking forward to the cooler temps. I've done no prep other than hanging two ladder stands back in march. I too have been seeing a lot more rabbits than usual here in the suburbs.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Love it guys! Surely helps get you pumped up when others are too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: