Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cellular Trail Cams
Hey yall! I'm looking into purchasing a few 4g cellular trail cams and was wondering if anybody here is running them? 

If so, what brand are you running and what do you like/dislike about them? 

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Ryan and I ran the moultrie ones last year to great success pig hunting. I had just finished skinning my hog when ryan told me he was going out to stalk the nature trail, i said why go there when there's a good sized pair of sows by the swamp stand go sneak up on them. So he did. i have pics of 102 pig on its feet 103am pig DRT. we tried the same thing friday or saturday night but boar smelled or heard us and bolted before we got off a good shot. they are the moultrie Verizon version. you pic the ATT or Verizon based on what signal your location gets best not what cell company you personally have. Verizon works best at the hog camp so thats what we got.
Thanks given by:
Yep. The Moultrie ones worked great. I really like them. Keep an eye out for sales. Last year Moultrie was running a $50 mail in rebate on them. Got the two I have for around $100. Sale plus rebate. I bought one and then looked and found a second one a little cheaper and bought it.

67GT is right. I was going to take a walk. I checked my two cams pics and he checked his. He had hogs on it so I went up there and he had the pics of it standing and then it on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
No signal where I hunt, which is great for getting to focus on hunting, but a downer to not be able to run these cameras.
Thanks given by:
I love Covert, I've had one out non stop since 2016 and still works great. They have new cheaper model I bought this year and that is working great! the E1 model
Battery life is great on Covert and sends pictures immediately
Stay away from Stealth, I have one and it is trash. Already replaced once.
Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2020, 12:31 PM)67gt390fb Wrote: Ryan and I ran the moultrie ones last year to great success pig hunting. I had just finished skinning my hog when ryan told me he was going out to stalk the nature trail, i said why go there when there's a good sized pair of sows by the swamp stand go sneak up on them. So he did. i have pics of 102 pig on its feet 103am pig DRT. we tried the same thing friday or saturday night but boar smelled or heard us and bolted before we got off a good shot. they are the moultrie Verizon version. you pic the ATT or Verizon based on what signal your location gets best not what cell company you personally have. Verizon works best at the hog camp so thats what we got.

You read my mind. Thanks bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I would be happy to get cell service on my phone where I live. I have to drive 10-15 miles to get service.
Thanks given by:
Just got a few pictures of a decent buck and a buck with potential.
The resolution is much better thru the app, I saved a screen shot, then emailed it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by: