Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got euro mount back finally
Got my euro back. Not at all happy with the quality but I am happy to have it. They sort of "lost" my head for a while so I wasn't sure I would ever see it again (long story).
They buried it outside without covering the antlers so its sun baked - antlers lost their original semi-chocolate color and are more of a black and white where they werent totally bleached by accident during skull cleaning process. Skull bleaching didnt go well, lots of brown. They offered to fix it but I just wanted it back at this point.
I applied some shoe polish to even out antler color and conceal where it was bleached...just got to figure out where to hang it now.
Friend/family member got his full shoulder mount back from his guy before I got this back from where I took mine...will use his guy next time.
[Image: d9b2f427d9ce5957e630f8bd380f690c.jpg][Image: ec3a06f3ce487e492a841166c461e571.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
i am surprised that the squirrels didn't eat up the antlers since they were left uncovered. glad you got him back and it looks good even though it is whiter than when you shot it.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
Man that sucks. I hope they didn’t charge you for that. At least you got them back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I would not have been happy with that at all. That’s a shame. Great buck.....but sun faded rack now for sure.
Thanks given by:
I expressed my concerns and they didnt charge me. I may try to get the color back with shoe polish... it worked okay on the base.

Thanks given by:
i had a bad experience with a taxidermist once. it was when i harvested my first big buck and the only buck i've ever had mounted. long story short, the taxidermist did a really crappy job on the mount. i was mad and when i'd look at the mount, it would bring a mix of good and bad feelings when it should only bring fond memories of the harvest. the experience really ruined my first ever deer mount experience. a couple of years later, i finally decided to focus on forgiving the dude. in fact, i decided to nickname my mount 'the forgiveness buck'. each time i look at it, i have to remind myself to forgive the guy and then i can enjoy the mount. don't let someone else's wrong steal your joy.
Zebco Pro-Staff rolling
Thanks given by:
So if you’re looking to get the original color back, minwax makes a few stains that will closely match antlers that have the color from when the deer was killed. You can try oak or gun stock and see how those match up.

Sorry it turned out like that.
[Image: gallardo.jpg]
You went full diabetes... Never go full diabetes.
Thanks given by:
Just do a euro yourself man.. it's not hard..

I've done a bunch over the years.. I use the boil method..

[Image: zsySOOc.jpg]
[Image: IYzw5r1.jpg]
[Image: 015sSiS.jpg?1]
Take me home county roads
Thanks given by:
I try to do everything myself, home improvement, auto repair, etc. It was only $100 for the euro so I weighed the # of hours it would take to do it me vs the $100 for somebody with experience to do it and opted to shell out the $. Obviously, that didnt work out... even though it ended up free.
Here is a before and after I fixed up the color on the base...note the base of beam on right in particular (your right, not the deers right). At some point I will try to bring the beams back to original color too but time isnt something I have a lot of and when I do have it, I am usually doing something else with it - like trying to shoot the next buck. Even if I cant get it right or dont get around to it, I am releived I got it back at all cause for a while there, I thought it was gone for good.
Before color fix:
[Image: 5fa1f2ef3971d47924ec5928380feb34.jpg]
After:
[Image: 65efc336fff6e9a83f1384626555b4db.jpg]

Thanks given by: