Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas Buffalo/Bison Down
Just got back from my Kansas Buffalo hunt. My goal for this hunt was a 2 year old Bull between 900 to 1200 lbs. My hunt was with Dodge City Hunting Outfitters.

While glassing, I spotted a Bull the hunting guide believed to be approx. 1000 lbs. My Aero Precision M5/AR10 rifle was on a tripod for sitting position. I was standing and glassing the Bison until he was clear. Once clear, I sat down and prepared to take the shot. The guide asked me to take a neck shot, where the head and neck join if I felt comfortable doing so. He was concerned with tracking and meat damage. I took the neck shot,  DRT.

Rifle was Aero Precision M5/AR10 chambered in .308. Optic was Sightmark Wraith shooting Remington HTP Barnes TSX 168 grain. Range between 150 and 200 yards.

[Image: 50868193076_76da917830_b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dude thats awesome.

Was it free range or high fenced?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(01-24-2021, 10:49 AM)avant4me Wrote: Dude thats awesome.

Was it free range or high fenced?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I'm not sure high fence would hold Bison. This one is a 1000 lbs er. There were some over 2000 lbs.

It was a guided hunt but my guide knew where they were and where they were going. The guide service also transported, skinned, gutted and quartered it for me. They had a processing facility where they helped me with cuts of meat, grind, etc.

The head and cape are at the Taxidermist for a shoulder mount.
Thanks given by:
congrats!
Thanks given by:
Cool deal!
Thanks given by:
CONGRATS BILLY, What's next an African Safari? Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-26-2021, 09:47 AM)67gt390fb Wrote: CONGRATS BILLY, What's next an African Safari? Smile
Thanks brother. Next season, I'm hoping for my first Pronghorn Antelope and first Bull Elk
Thanks given by:
nice, congrats!
Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by: