Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail cameras
Ok so I need a few new trail cameras. I have been running Moultrie A-30s and an A-35 and I really like them. The price point is great and they take really good pictures. I have zero complaints and they seem to last several seasons. Of course Moultrie doesn’t make them any more.

So what is everyone running and how do you like them? I don’t want any Wildgame Innovations stuff and I don’t need $200 trail cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
I mostly run Covert and have been for many years, have 5 year old cams that are out year round and still work. The main issue for me is the detection circuit on cheaper cameras are not as good. You don't know what you are missing, just happy that you got X number of pictures.
I've done and friends as well with a better camera next to a cheaper Wildgame, Stealth etc and the difference is shocking!
This year I put a covert right next to a Wildgame and had double the amount of pictures in a week and over double the stealth.
The other thing I insist on Black flash only, In my experience I see a big difference in response and how alert and how long in front of the camera compared to IR versus black flash.
I'm currently running 4 wireless Coverts, 1 Spypoint wireless(its ok except battery life is weak) tried a Stealth wireless due to a sale (was horrible, returned 2) and 3 standard black flash coverts.
I'm kind of addicted to trail cams!!
In trail cameras it is true you get what you pay for.
Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by:
I am running 2 of the Moultrie Mobil 7000 and they are great if you have them where they get signal.

No complaints about the A-30s or the A-35 and have had plenty of pics on them. Deer stay in front of them all the time. Those 3 were all under $100. Like $65-$70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by: