Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ammo shortage
Man, i was just at bass pro today and their ammo supply was nearly nonexistent--and there's no end to the shortage in sight. This is not new news, but seeing empty shelves finally makes it hit home for me. What the heck are we going to do when we run out of hunting ammo?! I fear the day when we can't go hunting simply because we have no ammo. I feel bad for hunters that deer hunt with hounds using buckshot as they tend to shoot up more ammo faster than still/rifle hunters. I guess dove hunting will dry up too. So much for target shooting because i won't be able to replace my ammo once it's gone. You guys got any specific back up plans for the day when we run out? I guess bowhunting will become more popular.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
Well maybe those deer doggers should become better shots instead of relying on this extended Mag tubes. I have seen videos with guys talking about their 8 and 9 round tubes. Guess they need to practice

I buy ammo when I can but also have a good amount sitting around for when I need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
The hound hunters aren’t bad shooters, it just hard to drop a running deer when you only get a split second to see him run across a dirt path. Then when you factor in antler size restrictions that many clubs have, often times your window of shooting opportunity is almost nonexistent and you’re shooting at the memory of the deer. Ammo shortages will definitely make you choose your shots more carefully. I became a better hunter when I started using a single barrel shotgun for rabbit hunting.
Thanks given by:
Im actually holding off on swapping scopes on my slug gun because I dont want to burn thru ammo sighting it in. I have like 25 rounds for slug gun, use 2 or 3 each year before season to confirm zero and another 2 - 5 during the season so I am okay for a few years. Also buy here and there when I come across it and am putting dates on the boxes so I use older stuff first.
Few hundred + rounds for ak&ar each, again not shooting those much cause its damn expensive to replenish ammo.
I stopped by bass pro last weekend and saw zero ammo.
Friend ordered ammo off bass pro website last year before bow season, took a few weeks but it arrived before gun season.
Sure was nice when you could just walk in and buy what you needed when you needed it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Greentop had a lot of ammo in certain calibers last weekend and no limits on purchases. Little to none in other calibers though.
Maybe finally getting back to normal?

In the woods.
Thanks given by:
i was at GT today too. i stocked up on my knight muzzleloader primer jackets and solid lead bullets. i looked for some dove shells in .410 and 20 gauge, but only found a couple of really expensive boxes of 20 ga. that i did not buy. i did get a pop-up hunting blind. i'd been wanting one for a long time. with youth day coming up soon, i figured it'd be the best option for taking my daughter out. plus, i'll use it for the rainy days during deer season. i'm hoping to go put it in place at the end of next week.
Thanks given by:
today, my local walmart had no dove ammo--no shotgun ammo at all. they didn't even have out any dove hunting supplies as they normally do. perhaps i'm too early and they'll have some out later?
Thanks given by: