Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Bull Elk
This week I harvested my first bull Elk. The great thing about being stationed in Nebraska, great hunting relatively close in every direction.

I used my Aero Precison M5/AR10 in .308 with Barnes 168 grain hand loads. I filmed on both my Sightmark Wraith and Tacticam. The date on the Wraith video is wrong. I included the youtube link below.

[Image: 51511566342_d433233d42_b.jpg]
[Image: 51512366841_ffff201cb1_b.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Not many people make an elk look like a whitetail in size when they get a picture with it. Haha

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
(09-24-2021, 06:16 PM)Thummy Wrote: It many people make an elk look like a whitetail in size when they get a picture with it. Haha

Congrats.
Thanks Ryan. He was 900 pounds. I'm 6.5" and 245 pounds LOL Proud to get him. Back to hunting whitetails.
Thanks given by:
Man, that was exciting! Congratulations!
I bet that thing was a beast of job to get out of the woods.
Are you mounting it?
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2021, 10:20 PM)Carcass Wrote: Man, that was exciting!  Congratulations!  
I bet that thing was a beast of job to get out of the woods.  
Are you mounting it?
Thank you. It was a bear. We got it skinned and gutted that afternoon. However, tt took me 3 days to completly butcher it and get it into the freeaer.

Not doing a shoulder mount nor a euro mount. I kept the antlers and will hang them in my living room.
Thanks given by:
Did your son get to tag along?  What an experience for him if he did.
Parker Revolution (2017)
HHA Optimizer Kingpin
Stan Shootout
Blackout X3
Lumenoks and Launchpads (don't like Nocturnals)
Thanks given by:
(09-27-2021, 08:07 AM)groundhugger Wrote: Did your son get to tag along?  What an experience for him if he did.
Unfortunately, my son wasn't able to make the trip. My oldest Daugher Amanda did though. She backpacked with me the first two days. That morning, she was tired after two hours of hiiking so we took her back to the cabin. Around 2pm, I dropped the bull.
Thanks given by:
Man, that was pretty sweet! Congrats!
Thanks given by: