Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Jacket
I decided my old Goretex jacket was too bulky for my liking and it's always been a little too short for me.  So I put together a new fleece and nylon jacket quite a bit more "fitted" that is really warm and more to my liking and current needs. Two way front zipper, 2 sleeve pockets, 2 chest pockets, 2 internal pockets and 2 side pockets.  I also made it a little extra long in the back so it gives me a little extra insulation when sitting.  Foldaway waterproof nylon hood.

From the front

Hood Deployed

Hood stowed

Thanks given by:
looks like a comfortable jacket. where'd you get it?
Thanks given by:
(04-16-2022, 10:50 PM)Carcass Wrote: looks like a comfortable jacket.  where'd you get it?

I made it. Hence the reason I put it in the DIY section.
Thanks given by:
great job!
Thanks given by: frankp
That is awesome. I wish I had skills like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
Easy to hide the mistakes in camo, Thummy. Big Grin

That said, I've been making clothes and outdoor gear for almost 30 years so I can pretty much sew whatever I want to at this point. I still made a couple of "screw ups" in that a couple of the zippers are "upside down" (doesn't really matter, just doesn't match the other side) and some of the seams aren't as straight as they would be on a commercially available item. Still need to finish the cuff too but I've been wearing it for a little over a month and it's much better than its predecessor from a comfort and weight perspective.
Thanks given by:
Good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Founder: Make it Rain

If it is in season I will hunt it.
Thanks given by:
nice work, I sure couldn't do that
Vice President Peidmont Chapter NWTF, Proud member of NRA
Thanks given by: